Chapter 4

I was walking by the side of the road hours after I had escaped the Voiceless base. I was tired and barely walking, my throat parched from dehydration and screaming. Everything was dark and I was having trouble seeing.

"Gotta, keep moving..." I urged myself on, trying to make sure that I didn't fall asleep, and let the Fall Out Boys find me. I would see headlights flashing every now and again, but nothing after what I thought was 8:30. I knew my chances of getting help were slimming every hour I was out, and everything was too dark or too cold, or both.

As I continued walking, I saw another flash of headlights. But, instead of going by, they stopped a little bit behind me. I looked back to see a banged up green coup. The driver got out, leaving the door open and the headlights on.

"Oh. My. God. Are you okay?" She asked. I could see her long black hair as she ran toward me. Her voice was vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place it.

"No..." I croaked, trying to get away from her. I was worried she was looking for me and would take me back to Voiceless. I walked about 5 paces and then collapsed. I could push my body no further. The burning pain of my nerves wouldn't stop. The burning was worst in my arms, the phantom limb pain was worse than you could imagine.

"You need help," She lifted me up and tried to limp me back to her car. I tried to as well, but I kept falling over. After 7 tries, she just resorted to dragging me the last 20 feet to her car. She then opened the passenger door, lifted me up, plopped me down, and then got into the car. I remember hearing the door close, but all I could see was a little bit of shape, light, and color. My vision was blurry like hell and my hearing was shot.

"Stay with me, okay. I'm gonna get you somewhere safe. Just hold on..." I think I temporarily lost it because I started mumbling.

"Mallord. Knight. Box. Alpha 1..." I was mumbling a bunch of code names, then places. "Sugar warehouse, ammo place, stream, woods...." All the while my world was becoming darker and it was getting harder and harder to see and hear. The last thing I remember was the girl screeching and the car swerving, then everything went blank.

Happy Early Thanksgiving for all my readers in the US! This part was published on 11-22-17. Peace Out!