Chapter 7

As soon as I was greeted with the cool night air I spotted my father. He looked angry, to say the least. He walked over to me and grabbed my hair, after making sure no one was around.

"You dare raise your voice to me...?" He yelled through venomous teeth.

"You can't just force me to marry someone!" I let out a strangled cry.

"I can and did! You will marry this man! He will bring in money and power! I don't care what you think, I am your father and I decide what happens in your life!" He angrily shouted.

"SINCE WHEN WERE YOU, MY FATHER?! LAST TIME I CHECKED YOU WERE JUST SOME PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT WITH SOME GOD DAMNED PAPERS THAT HAPPEN TO HAVE YOUR NAME ON THEM! YOU KNOW WHAT A FATHER IS? A FATHER IS SOMEONE WHO CARES FOR THEIR CHILD, SOMEONE WHO LENDS A SHOULDER FOR THEIR CHILD TO CRY ON, SOMEONE WHO SCARES OFF THE BOYS, SOMEONE WHO ASKS HOW THEIR CHILDS SCHOOL DAY WAS IF THEY HAD A GOOD DAY IF THEY MADE ANY FRIENDS. YOU KNOW WHAT. YOU ARE NONE OF THOSE! YOUR JUST SOME GUY WITH A PAPER----" I raged, tears staining my cheeks as Jude lifted me by my hair higher so we were eye level, I let my eyes glare into his, "---- So don't you dare call me your daughter, when you shouldn't even be considered a person." Though I knew I was going to be severely punished for this... For once, I felt as if it was the right thing to do, I didn't regret it one bit.

Natsu's P.O.V.

A few moments after Lucy left we all charged after her, telling the employees we'd be back to pay. As soon as we left the doors we saw Lucy hoisted by her hair by a man I recognized.

"the pictures.." I muttered.

  "SINCE WHEN WERE YOU, MY FATHER?! LAST TIME I CHECKED YOU WERE JUST SOME PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT WITH SOME GOD DAMNED PAPERS THAT HAPPEN TO HAVE YOUR NAME ON THEM! YOU KNOW WHAT A FATHER IS? A FATHER IS SOMEONE WHO CARES FOR THEIR CHILD, SOMEONE WHO LENDS A SHOULDER FOR THEIR CHILD TO CRY ON, SOMEONE WHO SCARES OFF THE BOYS, SOMEONE WHO ASKS HOW THEIR CHILDS SCHOOL DAY WAS IF THEY HAD A GOOD DAY IF THEY MADE ANY FRIENDS. YOU KNOW WHAT. YOU ARE NONE OF THOSE! YOUR JUST SOME GUY WITH A PAPER" Lucy screamed, I knew she was crying, her voice was quivering.  "So don't you dare call me your daughter, when you shouldn't even be considered a person."

I could tell all of the girls were crying, "Lucy..." They had all muttered with the same quivering voice. Juvia and Levy had fallen to the floor in fits of sobs. 

The man had thrown a fist at Lucy's stomach, letting go of her hair just as his fist connected with her stomach, letting her slam into the ground with a pained groan.Erza and I both charged at the man, Erza screaming; "CALL THE POLICE" Jellal was quick on the job as me and Erza both gave the man a hard punch on the head, temporally knocking him out. I turned to Luce, she was on the ground shaking, coughing up blood. I rushed over to her, falling to her side and lifting her up. She set a hand on the ground, supporting her body as she looked at me, large tears falling from her eyes.

"N-Natsu what are you-?" She slightly stuttered, pausing slightly as both of us realized my eyes were getting slightly teary. I let out a sniff and wiped my eyes, embarrassed.

"Why didn't you say anything...?" I questioned.

"I didn't want to... -hickup- bring you all into this..." She explained letting out more sobs as she fell forward, her head resting in the crook of my neck. Soon we started hearing sirens, signifying the police were on their way. I wrapped my arms around her as she continued to cry, silently, I let tears fall too.

I should have known.

I shouldn't have let her get a single scratch.

I shouldn't have let her leave the bar.