<Sixteen>

My college exams were finally over and I had passed with flying colours. Mom was very happy, though she didn't seem her usual self. Debi had left for Seoul with her mom to check out the new place, so I was all alone, and bored. But then, I got good news.
"Siko, your dad is coming back today, so I want you to..." "Really? Mom thank you!" I was so excited that I did not even hear what my mom had to say. I wanted to give him something since he was coming back after a long time. Oh yes! He loved tie pins. I went out to check for the stores, ultimately ending up in my favourite one.
"Ah Sikina! It's been a long time. You've forgotten all about me!" Well, the manager was a bit eccentric, but he was good. "Here, I have a new collection here. You can choose..." Wow! They were all so good. I chose the one with a solitaire, it was simple but elegant, just what Dad liked. "Oh, Sikina. I heard BTS had stayed in your hotel. I had thought you would come over. I have something for them. Would you like to take a look?" They were pendants, but all different. Each characteristic of the members. "They are beautiful! Please pack these too!" I had never given anything to the members. I thought if I send these they might like it. Especially, Jimin, since he loved accessories. And, Jin might forgive me too, hopefully. Just the thought had me all excited.
"Dad!" He was finally here. "Have you not been eating lately? You've become skinny! Adam ahjussi, feed him lots, even if he's cranky about it." Adam ahjussi was my dad's secretary, and when I was a kid, he used to get me lots of good books to read, since he knew dad was busy. So I was pretty close to him. And, to sour this happy mood, the Choi family had also come, which I could detect from a mile away when I heard Ailee's voice.
"Dad, do we really have to go there, I mean..." "Ailee where are your manners?", her dad said. Mr. Choi was my dad's business partner. And not to forget, very shrewd. He looked very kind and social, but don't be fooled. I didn't trust him one bit. I guess Ailee took after him in the shrewdness department. Mrs. Choi on the other hand was the odd one out. She was truly kind, and hated her daughter's attitude. In fact she often visited my mom and Debi's mom. But the only problem was she had no say around her husband and daughter. I truly pitied her.
"Hello, Sikina!" "Ailee...you don't have to pretend that you're good, you know that right?" "Of course, someone here is smelling of pure jealousy...ugh!" I literally had to stop myself from hitting her face hard. Thank god for Mr. Choi who interrupted, "Sikina, you look fine...but I still think my daughter looks more lady-like. You should take some lessons from her...she is like your sister anyways, isn't she? Ha ha ha..." I was on the verge of gagging now. And I don't know why, but his words pinched, HARD.
"In that case Ailee is also welcome to take lessons from my daughter, seeing that her grades are always on a ski down a steep mountain. What do you think Siko?", and my dad winked. No wonder I loved my dad.
"Dad, I have to go...it's time to call my bae. See you, Sikina!", Ailee said as she left. Leave it to her to salt your wounds. "Oh dad! There is something I have to give you." "Ok Sikina, let's keep it for the evening, Ok?" Hmm...why is he so busy all the time? Evening it is then!
*****
Jin's POV
"Ailee, I am practising right now, for God's sake!" "Ok, sweetheart! Then, I'll call you later. Miss you, love you!" "Yeah, me too..." I sighed. She was gonna get me in serious trouble, not like I wasn't in one already. Our dance teacher was already pissed at me. To avoid trouble I had to sometimes lock my phone in the locker. At least, Siko understood my situation, what I do....Wait. Where did that come from? It was frustrating. I tried everything to forget about her. But, Ailee always reminded me of her, she was so different. Aish! What do I do?!