Part 4:Chapter 25: The Last (Part Two)

• Dedicated to all of the beliebers:)

Layla felt a slight tap on her shoulder.

"Um... Excuse me." A high-pitched voice chirped, making Layla turn around. The shortest of the giggling blondes held a pen and notepad in her tiny hands. Layla smiled.

"Hi. Me and my friends saw you in the paper the other day." The blonde grinned, leaning closer to Layla, making her step back.

"Are you really Justin Bieber's girlfriend?" She asked somehow magnifying her blue eyes. Layla blushes some and pulled the basket higher up on her arm. She leaned in towards the giddy-blonde.

"Ya. I am." Layla whispered, pushiing away the grin that was fighting to get to her lips. The girls' face brightened. She was nearly jumping in place.

"OMG! Can I have your autograph?!" She wailed, shoving the pad and pen in Layla's face. Layla paused. No harm with an autograph, right? Layla nodded. With the pen in her hand, she scribbled down on the paper, In cursive, no less. Adding a 'Thanks!' next to her signature, She handed the girl back her notepad. She clutched it to her chest.

"Thank you so much!" She scurried back to her friends. They nearly giggled all the way out of the shop. Layla shrugged, tossing a pack of paper plates into her basket.

"D-ding!" The front door of the market chimed behind Layla. She ignored the sound of footsteps that were creeping up behind her.

"Hey." A strong male voice boomed from beside her. Derek's voice. Layla half-turned and threw a half-hearted smile at him.

"Uh...Hi." She muttered under her breath, biting her lower lip. Derek flashed his pearly-whites in Layla's direction.

"So... How you doing? How's Justin?" Derek asked with a curious tone, leaning towards Layla. Layla backed away from Derek, nearly knocking a shelve over.

"Uh... Good." Layla turned around, trying to ignore Derek. She shot through the next aisle, glancing up and down the shelves. 'Peanut butter' Layla though repeatedly. Derek stepped out infront of Layla. He smirked.

"This what your'e looking for?" He asked, pulling a jar of smooth Peanut Butter out from behind his back. Layla sighed.

"Ya. Thanks." Layla said flatly, grabbing the jar from Derek's hands. Then brushing past him. All he did was stand there. Layla took a deeo puff of breath and shot through the store, up to the register. She spilled her basket along the counter and smiled up at the cashier, handing her three dollar bills. Layla filled a sudden chill go up her spine, that forced her to turn, examine the store. No Derek anywhere.

Good.

Good and Gone.

Layla smiled to herself. Why was she avoiding Derek anyway? There's no way in Hell she'd fall for him. Ever. He made her nervous. A bad nervous. As if he could ruin everything in an instant.

...

Layla walked up to the porch steps, throwing the plastic bag into the bench. She sat down at the last step and looked up. The sun was covered by a few clouds. But, she could still see the convas of reds and oranges. Gorgeous. Perfect. Unchanging. That reminded her. Justin would be back tomorrow. No pain. No empty feelings, crawling and lingering into her thoughts. No more Derek.

Layla looked at the front door, then to her feet. She rested her chin on her knees. She sighed, remembering. She looked back on all the memories that clung to her brain.