(2) New Friends

~Nadia's.POV~

  Once the bell rung, I pushed past Shawn and headed for my locker.

'They seen it. They seen the glowing. God dammit! In all my life, nobody has seen the glowing except for my parents. Now friggin new people have seen it! What if they tell someone!?'  I thought to myself, running my hands down my face as I walked up to my locker. I put my bag in and head to music class.

I love music. I love singing to, even though I personally think I don't sound good. I am good at playing instruments and I'm okay at dancing.

I walked into the classroom and sat down. I was looking through my music notes, when I heard someone sit behind me. Odd. I turned around and seen Cole. I rolled my eyes and turned back around.

"So, you play the piano?" He asked. Nah dip dimwit.

  What does it look like to you?  I wrote on a piece of paper and gave it to him.

"Ah, being a smart ass are we?" He said with a chuckle.

  I think I'd prefer to be a smart ass than an idiot. I wrote and smiled.

"Yeah, you gotta point. So why can't you talk?" He asked. Its not that I can't, I just don't want to. I did use to talk. Some people said I sounded like an angel, but others said I was trying to sound like I was rich or famous. I started getting told that they wished I was a mute. So that's what I did. I pretended to be a mute.

I looked back at him and shrugged my shoulders. I turned around and went over my notes again.

"Hey, if you want, you can come over and hangout with me, Jade, Zara, Logan, and Shawn." He said. I turned and look at him like he was crazy. Did he really want me to hangout with them?

Sure, why not? I wrote down on the paper. He smiled and looked at his notes. I hate to admit, but 1. There is something fishy about him and his friends, and 2. I think I'm warming up to him.

~After school~

"So, are you excited to hang with us?" Zara asked. I raised and eyebrow looking at her with a 'really, are you serious' look.

Should I be? I wrote in my notepad.

"Well we are your friends now. Wait do you want to be friends?"

  "Im pretty sure I've never told a girl this and meant it, but you are beautiful." Shawn said. I rolled my eyes and looked back a Zara.

I guess. I wrote.

"So can you talk or, are you actually a mute?" Jade asked looking at me with a big smile. I just shrugged.

That's for me to know and for you to find out.

"Oooooo, I like mysterious things!" Zara said.

  So I'm a thing now? I thought I was a mute.

"Oh, no! I didn't mean it like that!" She said worriedly.

I laughed and waved her off.

I was messing.

"Oh. Thank God." She said with a smile.

"Hey, you just laughed! Does that mean that you are not a mute?" Logan asked. I froze. If they actually find out that I can talk, they will bug me about speaking. I shook my head and walked past them.

What is your address?  I wrote.

"Oh, Lonestar drive 267 highway 24." (Idk if this is an actual address. I made something up)