FISH OUT OF THE WATER

CHAPTER 30

BRIAN

2 weeks later

B & G ENTERTAINMENT, Metro Manila, Phillippines

"This is crazy."

This script is seriously stupid. Ano 'to? Fairytale?

"Crazy is an understatement. Like really? A ball and love at first sight? You've got to be kidding me." Victoria replied as she read her copy.

I remembered several years ago, I really hated her. But now, I feel nothing. It's like I'm staring at a blank canvass with all her information on it. Kilala ko siya, pero walang kulay yung backgound ng pangalan niya. Walang emotion.

"Could you please stop the accent?" kasi yung totoo, ang gandang pakinggan. Kaya lang, naiinis ako. Mas gusto ko kasi yung British accent kaysa sa Australian. Pero, hindi ko makuha-kuha. Tsk.

"I'm sorry, darling. I can't." she smiled. "I think it's the reason why you fell for me at that ball- wait, it's really here! I quote, 'When she smiled for me and called my name, I felt my heart beating fast. Then, we talked all evening and I just- I don't know, I fell in love I guess. Or maybe, it's her accent that made me drawn to her.' She paused, "See? You fell in love with my accent." she fluttered her long eyelashes then she rolled her eyes.

"You are most definitely right. Stupid is an understatement." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I never thought I'd agree to what she's saying.

"I mean, this interview is so unnecessary. You are already an international singer, and I, a supermodel and an actress. Our social media sites are literally flooding with likes and our followers are massive." she made gestures with her hands, "How can anyone not know us? They must me living under a rock." her makeup artist told her to stay still but she just glared at her until the other looked down and muttered a sorry.

"Victoria, sana nakakaintindi ka pa ng tagalog, no?" From her manager to her personal assistant, foreigner lahat. Road manager lang ang hindi.

"Siyempre. Ano akala mo sa akin, tanga?" she raised her eyebrows pero british pa rin yung accent niya. Kainis talaga! Gusto ko rin 'yon eh!

"Don't mind me asking pero, balita ko, terror ka raw sa mga kasama mo sa trabaho. Lalo na 'yang assistant mo. Last week, I heard them talking. They said you were such a bitch." I apologetically shrugged.

She waved her hand, "I am a bitch, alright. But I can't help it if I'm surrounded by stupid people. Did you know that last year, that particular assistant signed me up in a campaign for a cosmetic brand!"

"What's so wrong in that?" tanong ko naman. Yung totoo, ano ba ang mali 'don?

"I already told her I don't do those commercials especially if the producer is that perverted guy that always harrases his models! Pero, she still signed me up! It was for people with skin diseases. Like, eczema and such." she cringed. "Imagine? Yuck!"

I gave her a sympathetic smile, "I understand." she motioned her makeup artist to get her heels from the box at the corner. Nako! Ang ganda naman ng heels! Bakit ba kasi kailangan kong magpaka-lalaki eh.

"Thank goodness, someone actually understood me. I was supposed to fire her but my overly-concerned mother said that I should give her another chance." she took the heels from the lady's hand. "That all knowing, good for nothing assistant. Uggh!"