Chapter 2: Not Your Dawg!

Normani Phillips POV
I sat with my family around the dining table as we ate our meal. I haven't seen the rest of my siblings in 2 weeks because of how busy we all were. Well, how busy I was. Last night was nothing really. We spoke about little things and he dropped me home. I never got his name as we were so into the conversation.

"So, how was last night?" Eddie questioned me.

"Er, yeah. It was okay, I guess..?" I shrugged.

"Hm...What happened?" Trinity asked me as she raised her brows and stared back at me.

"Nothing. I met your friend, Nathan." I looked at Nathan and tried to avoid eye contact with Trin.

"Which one?" He looked at me blankly.

"I didn't get his name, actually. He does basketball." I twisted my lips to the side.

All I could remember was that fine ass face. We were so into our conversation that we didn't tell each other our names. He probably knows mine but I don't know his.

"Oh, that ain't no friend. That's my nigga, Angelo." He took a sip of his glass of water.

"Unless you're talking about Mario.." He had a worried look on his face.

"No, but that's what he said too." I smiled.

"Yeah, we go way back. We've known each other for a long time, actually.".

"What did y'all do?" Harmony asked.

"We talked." I shrugged.

"That's all?" Ryan asked.

"Yes, that's all." I said honestly.

"I mean I bought him a drink and he dropped me home." I added.

"Why did he drop you home?" Ryan put his knife and fork down.

"Because, Trinity left me at the club." I said simply.

"Why did you leave her at the club?" Harmony looked at Trin.

"We had a little disagreement or whatever you call it. It was petty." She shrugged also.

"It better be sorted." Ryan looked at the both of us.

"Yes, Ryan." We both nodded.

"Sorry about that, y'all." Papa walked into the room.

"It's cool, papa." Ryan smiled.

"Papa, I saw this really cool nerf gun. Can you buy it?" LJ, Ryan's son, asked.

"I don't know, LJ. Ask your mom and dad." My father smiled.

"Well, pops said no because he knows I'll argue with Kyle." He stuck his tongue out at his little brother.

"Hey!" Kyle frowned.

"Come on, y'all." Their mother stopped them.

"Arrêtez vous!" Ryan gave them both a look.

"I'll consider it." Papa gave him a wink.

Angelo Sanders POV
"I was with your sister last night." I bounced the ball.

"Yeah?" Nathan looked at me.

"Yeah. She's a really cool chick. I get the sense that we both you know, vibe." I tell him.

"Hm. I mean you've always said that she was a pretty girl ever since I showed you a picture of her." He shook his head.

"Your sister is pretty, though." I shrugged not caring.

"Normani is a pretty girl but she said that she ain't trynna look for nobody. My sister Trinity's been trying to set her up on dates and shit. Mani's just really complicated when it comes to men." He shrugged and I nodded my head.