Chapter 30: Just A Friend?

Normani Phillips POV
I sniffled and wiped my tears after hanging up the phone. Trinity was rubbing my back and Harmony was telling me that everything would be okay. It may sound stupid but Curtis is moving away. Moving to LA. He's closing down the parlour he has now but is opening it in LA. His grandma is really sick and he and his mother are going to be living there to take care of her.

Long distance relationship is the hardest.

I couldn't help but cry. He has been an amazing boyfriend and friend to me and I'm so glad that he has entered my life and been a part of it. We just ended the call right now. We both told each other that we'd leave our relationship there and just stay as friends because we both knew that it wasn't gonna work out. I loved him so much and now..he's gone. Whenever something good happens, it gets taken away from me. My mother, Tion, my first pet goldfish and now Curtis.

"What am I gonna do without him..?" I wiped my tears.

"I mean he's not dying, is he? Y'all just agreed on being friends." Harming said.

"I know but it won't be the same." I sighed.

"Y'all can work on things. I mean you'll still love to see Calvin, right?" Trinity asked.

"Hm.." I nodded my head.

"Then you could always visit the both of them.".

"I think he's been the best boyfriend even though we've only been with each other since February?" I tried to remember the day he asked me to be his girlfriend.

"So, I wanted to ask." He said changing the subject.

"You could always say no and it may be too soon.".

"I wanted to see if we could take it slow.." He looked at me.

"Like make it official?" I raised my brows.

"Something like that, yeah." He nodded his head.

"I'd love to." I threw my arms around his shoulder.

"Yeah, February." I nodded my head.

"So, what's going to happen? You just lost your future husband and now we gotta wait a whole 3 years, again? Just like how we waited when you broke up with Tion's ass." Trinity said.

"I know. Now's the time to meet somebody and know them for about 4 years or so before them popping the question." I sighed.

"You damn right." Harmony nodded her head.

I placed my hands over my face.

Angelo Phillips POV
I bounced the ball up and down before throwing it to one of my team mates and then slowly moving into space. I was nervous about tonight. Everybody had already taken their seats. Then, I spotted Normani and her brother Eddie taking their seats. I stared at her. She looked beautiful..I licked my lower lips before turning my attention back to Nathan who had the ball now, he threw it to me and I passed it to Mario as he took a shot.

The whistle blew meaning that it was game time. I looked at Normani and we locked eyes. She gave me a smile and I gave her a head nod before slapping hands with Mikey, telling him that we got this in the bag. I looked at Normani one last time before walking to where my team was.

-

"We won, niggas!" Mario slapped hands with Nathan and I.

"We going to the finals, that's for sure!" I yelled as we exited the building walking over to our family and not to where the reporters were.