My day in the sun

The next morning I stayed home. I was outside, in my family's back yard. I soaked up every bit of the sun. A feeling of uncut and pure longing for that moment we kissed to submerge.

It was like that kiss cut out the part of me stuck in the endless abyss of darkness. I remember every millisecond of it. Her grabbing hold of my arm. The look she gave me of what I can only describe as peace and warmth. Her words bouncing around in my head like a stone gliding across water.

It was like I was outside my body. I felt everything and saw it all as well. Before I knew it I was  back there. Seeing the moments that lead to our kiss. Like flashes of light flickering from lightning, but at the same time quiet like as if thunder was inconceivable.

Just like that I landed back into the present. Luke laughing as I felt a cold wet shiver rushing up my spine. "What the hell man? You think throwing water balloons at me is funny?" I yell out at him as I tackle him to the ground playfully. "Heck, I thought  you would over heat if I hadn't." He chuckled with pride. He always knows how to ruin my moments. I guess that is something you pick up after eight years of friendship.

I quickly jump off of luke. His eyes filled with joy. "You gonna tell me about why Mary is nonstop texting about you?" Luke asks a question I'm certain he already knows the answer to. He enjoys making me admit to his triumphs, when he actually has one.

I reach my arm out to help him off the ground. "Why ask a question you already know the answer to?" "Maybe to see that face of yours to turn completely red. As it just did."

I started off slow, but ended up telling him everything quicker than expected. There is nothing Luke doesn't know about me. He's the person who could write a better biography of my life than I even could.

When I got done explaining the events of yesterday, he pats me on the back. "I knew you could do it Pauly boy!" The comment dazed me. "What do you mean? I did nothing, she kissed me." "Well, you did enough to hook her into it. You are more creditable for this than you know." We hung out the rest of the day playing our favorite video games and rocking out to some of the classics. By the time he went home I was at an all time high.

The question remains however, if I can trust Mary? For that matter the question is not if, because I can't truly know, but should I trust her? Will me telling her destroy everything, or solidify it? Should I keep it to myself, or at least wait until the subject matter will be easier to discuss? I can't think about it. I must purge it from my mind. Why mess up what I have going for me. Doubt can't be what I let in.