The run in

A few days after Mary was at my place I ran into my ex at the mall. It was a normal day until I tripped right into her. I only knew it was her once I looked up at her as she helped me up. I looked her right in the eyes. She stared intensely right through me as if I were nothing. Like her accusations against me were not a threat to my entire future.

For all that she had done to me I felt sorrow for the loss of her from my life. I couldn't deal with this. I was meeting up with Mary and I had to get as far from Eve, my ex as quickly as I could.  I ran as swiftly away through the crowds of people jamming the wings of the mall.

I got yelled at by a few mall cops, and eventually calmed down. At least enough to hide my emotions before I reached Mary. Her eyes met mine and I just needed her. I hugged her with all the love I could get out from underneath the fear. She kissed my cheek and dragged me over to the table she took over in the food court.

"Whats wrong Paul? You seem worried about something." "... It's nothing hun." my voice trembling at the lie I told. "If you want to talk about it I am here?" Her voice sweet and understanding. Her hand now grasping mine. "Can we get outta here baby girl?" "sure, where to?"

I got into my car and we drove to Luke. He was at his trailer, and when we arrived he was on his porch just staring off into the distance. As much as he talks a lot, he meditates enough to refine his thoughts. He seemed in a trance, locked on one thing though I couldn't tell what.

"Luke, snap out of it!" He jumped at the sound of my voice. It wasn't fear however. It was more like he jolted into conciencesness. "Hey luke!" Mary greeting our friend with her soothing voice. "Oh, hey you two love birds." His voice filled with childlike humor, as if he was about to laugh. We sat down by him as we discussed basic chit chat. He seemed so prideful toward us. I guess he takes responsibility for getting us together.

As we got further into the depths of conversation we began to walk on the public bike trail parallel to his place of residence. I remember playing on this trail as a boy. Me and luke were only ten years old. It was nice to reminisce about our childhood. It was a better time in my life, mainly because I had Luke keeping me in a constant state of laughter.

When the day was done I got back to my place and laid in my bed going through my phone. I was bored as all heck. I started to fall asleep as my phone buzzed from a text. I didn't look to see who it was or what was said. Instead I just drifted into the regurgitation of rest.