Nightmares

"Hey babe, what's on your mind?" Mary's voice filled with this tone that seems almost seductive. She walked out from the shadows of my room. I felt a chill run down my spine as she crept closer. "Mary, what are you doing here so late at night?" She lays her hands on my chest as she grips my shirt. "I was just thinking we could play a game." She leans in and kisses me as she climbs on my lap wrapping her legs around my sides. I feel this rush and before I know it I'm on top of her, holding her arms against the bed. I kiss her neck as I slowly make my way up to her lips.

All of a sudden she starts crying. "Whats wrong Mary?" She opens her mouth to respond, but instead she starts screaming. Before I could get off her my door flung open and all I see is lights pointed at me. Next thing I know I'm strapped down to an electric chair and something get put over my face. A deep scratchy voice starts speaking. "Any last words?" I hear laughter surround me as I begin to speak. "What's going on? Why are you doing this to me? I've done nothing wrong. Let me go!"

I wake up in my bed feeling like I just crashed down. I rush to turn on my lamp as I try to calm myself. Why did Mary scream? Why was I strapped into an electric chair? I know it had to be a nightmare, but I have no desire to go back to sleep. I keep my lamp on and I get up to go to the bathroom. When I get back to my room I climb into bed and pull out my sketch book. I start drawing to keep me from drifting to back to sleep.

I look up after awhile and the sun is already rising. I hear the normal foot traffic in my house as my parents go off to their jobs. I think about going downstairs and getting something to eat, but when i begin to think about food I start to feel like I'm going to get sick. My alarm goes off and almost gives me a heart attack. I was so pissed of by it I ripped the power cord from the wall.

A few moments later my phone goes off. Marry texted. I tell her about my dream. Only I skip to the part where I'm strapped down and executed. I recall the voice and the laughing that followed. just thinking about it gets my heart racing. I hate that I'm such a wimp, but when you dream it feels so real. I never had much luck with my dreams, but I just can't seem to make myself calm down until a few hours later.