From a Street Rat to a Royal Highness (12)

Not so amazing but am carrying and will update other stories because it has been years so this might be taking a breather but not for that long :P thanks for fans votes and comments! :DDDD

Enjoy :D

Comment if you wish!!!

Here goes....

Strike 1....

Weeks had gone by for to have landed in our summer holidays. I had not been bothered by them again so I thought it was over. Boy was I wrong. It was about 8 o'clock in the evening when Demetri came, undoing his tie in quick panting like a wild animal. I sat on the mattresses with Marissa and Lucas. Not a while, I was combing Marissa's head from the shower.

"What's wrong Demetri?" I asked getting up from the mattress.

"I can't believe this!" he shouted, I heard a loud thud as his fist probably hit the counter.

"Marissa go to the toilet," I ordered as the two children got up. I filled up a cup of cold water, I ritual I had been doing ever since Demetri got angry, except when it was because of me.

"What happened?" I asked passing him the water. He took a big gulp and with a loud, dismal sigh, put it back down.

"I got fired," he whispered. He would not dare look at me. I lifted his chin and tried to look into his eyes but he averted them.

"Why?" I asked, "Mr Pecunia said you were one of his best employees."

"He said that they'd created a new law that did not allow anyone with a birth certificate to work," he explained as he turned around and took off his shirt.

"That's stupid you have your birth certificate," I stated.

"I know and I showed it to him but he still refused to give back the job," he voice sounded feeble, more like my voice his own which was usually strong and stable, "I begged and pleaded and still he refused and in the corner his son watched with satisfaction." Arms went round my neck as if he wanted support, "I have never felt so degraded in my life." He began to sob.

"Demetri-,"

"I liked this job Robyn," he cried, "I don't want to go back to stealing, I don't want to go back to having no water, no heat, not knowing when we'll eat, I have no money to save up for-," and he stopped himself.

"For what?" I asked.

"Never mind," he got off and went to the balcony. I took this chance to sneak out the door and began running through the corridor. Mr Pecunia and I were going to have a little talk. No I am not going to beat him up.

I had reached the tent where the love of my life had actually begged for something. I opened the curtains and walked. I had not been in here a while but it looked the same, cases of rings and jewellery, light in the middle.

"Mr Pecunia?!" I called, "Mr Pecunia?!" The curtains opened and in came Mr Pecunia, belly and all.

"Robyn," he greeted, a horrible bruise had formed around his eye that was slowly turning yellow, "and what can I do to help you?" How ironic.

"You can give my boyfriend back his job," I answered his question. This caused the smile on his face to magically turn into a frown.

"Robyn, I regret firing him, but there is nothing I can do," he tried to make him feel like a villain.

"Yes there is something you could," I was beginning to feel angry; "you can give him back his job!"

"Robyn, if I give Demetri back his job, I will lose my business and my family," Mr Pecunia sighed, "Yes I feel bad but if I do then we will both be in the same boat."