From a Street Rat to a Royal Highness (14)

I know long time no write. I'm sooooooooorry! it's also very short BUT I promise to make the next one longer. It's just teh scene was reeeeeeeeeeeeally shortin my head.

Sorry

Thank you for comments and voting for they are greatly appreciated.

Here goes:

I looked at the small ring on my finger. Yes, I had agreed. Yes, I am too young. No, we are not getting married now, later on.

"Aren't I a little young to get married?" I asked Demetri as we watched Marissa and Lucas on in the sea. Marissa squealed as Lucas splashed with the sea water.

"We don't have to get married yet," he explained as he watched Marissa and Lucas then rubbed his temples.

"Stressing," I stated and was rewarded with a nod, "we also have to help Regina, time's running out and I know Camaxtli thinking something up. To be honest I feel quite dejected."

"Don't feel dejected," he replied as he got up and dusted himself off, "you're marrying me," he smiled as he gave me a kiss and ran into the crashing waves.

"Demetri! No!" I shouted as I felt the cold water hit my clothing. Marissa and Lucas giggled. I playfully glared at them. For once life felt normal. I felt a hand push my head under the waves. I got up and spluttered and was met with a peck on the lips.

For some strange reason it had began to rain and we had not brought an umbrella so we raced home, slipping and sliding in the puddles. Marissa tripped and crashed into Lucas who in turn fell into me and I hit Demetri but we did not fall because Demetri stood still and then looked at us. We grinned at him cheekily. He raised an eyebrow and then nudged us off. As we reached the house we noticed boxes our mattresses and boxes outside. We looked at them confused.

"Wait here," Demetri ordered, as he climbed up the stairs. My clothes clung to my skin as the rain increased. He came back down, annoyance etched in his face.

"It's been borded up," he explained in confusion. We marched over to the land lord who lived just across the street and Demetri pounded onto the door. The landlord's pudgy sleepy headed peered through the crack.

"What?" he growled. Demteri pulled him out by his gown. His eyes blazed with rage as he glared at the man.

"Why is our room borded up?" he hissed between clenched teeth.

"You weren't payin' any rent. Why's I got to keep you's lot?" he tried to pry Demetri's iron grasp off his nightgown.

"We never paid rent before and you didn't care," Lucas said in confusion, "why do you care no."

"That's none's your bizness," he glared at Lucas as he spat at him. Demetri gave him a giant shake like a dolly. His lolled left as teh shaking stopped.

"Explain yourself," Demetri snarled. The man's eyes opened wide as he tried to wiggle out but no hope.

"It's the Prince," he cried, "He's decreed no tenant paying rent should keep their house, even if the house is run down." My eyes closed knowing this was his doing. I looked at Demetri in sadness.

"Demetri let the guy go," I sighed, "it's not his fault." Demtri dropped the troll and he scrambled back into the house but not without muttering some profanities.

"What are we going to do now?" Marissa asked.

"I think I know," I whispered looking at Demetri. His eyes opened in realisation.

"Robyn, N-no don't," he said as I looked down, the rain hiding my tears, "please. You said yes." I turned away and began walking away but not without hearing, "I love you." I wept as I walked to the castle. I loved him too.

I entered the walls of the castle. The walls screamed at me. The heat felt like hot ash on my cold skin. My feat burned with every step I took as two guards followed me. I looked down in shame. I had given up after fighting all this time. Maybe it was time for me to accept my fate. I opened the doors the dining room and was filled with people I hated and loved in the same room. The light hurt my swollen eyes. I looked at Camaxtli as he smirked.

He had won.

"I give up."

Strike 3. I'm out.

Thank you for reading =D