From a Street Rat to a Royal Highness (3)

From Street Rat to Royal Highness

Thank you for my first comment princessvanilla :D (I did a happy dance when I saw it)

Ok here goes

Chapter 3

"Start stretching!" Missy our dance teacher shouted out at us. It was twelve o'clock and I had five hour dance class. Missy was a scary teacher, but because of her, we had won the grand finals. To be in this class, you had to be able not to afford dance lessons, had to be able to do the splits and had to be able to do flips. Missy was a thirty two year old single body builder and dancer, and had stopped body building to teach lessons after she had ripped a tendon in her leg but she was still able to compete with us.

"Alexia!" Missy shouted at the poor blonde, "If your ass does not hit the ground in five second with that split, the whole class will be staying over at my house tomorrow doing the splits for the night seeing as you are all out of shape!" the class groaned. Five seconds passed and Alexia's butt did not hit the ground.

"Don't forget your blankets," the teacher shouted at us. We all glared at Alexia as she looked down embarrassed.

"Thanks Alexia," Mona hissed at the girl. Alexia blushed even more.

"It's ok," I replied as my split hit the ground, "were all out of shape anyway." Alexia just glared at me and walked off.

"Robyn if you comfort someone, you don't just go and do what they couldn't do in front of their face," Catelyn laughed as she stretched next to me.

"Meh," I replied as I lifted my leg up in the air, "so much for me being nice."

"Ok class!" Missy shouted, "The king's brother, the king of the north, is coming down to the south! The king wants some entertainment for his brother! We're it! We have one month and a half to perfect this dance, so all the dance moves I made you learn, forget them!" The class groaned again, we had practised so that we would not have to face the wrath of our teacher, and now we were being told to forget it? "We'll do two hours every Wednesday evening and five hours on Sunday! I want to feel sweat coming out of your pores, even when you're not dancing!" Everyone groaned some more.

"If you groan one more time I will make each of you do fifty press ups and every time you don't meet my number I'll add ten!" she threatened us. She had done that before and before we went to bed we had done two hundred and ten press ups. I know what you are thinking. If I'm in this much pain, why do I dance? The answer to that question is the end result. When you dance and everyone looks at you, and you do things no one could ever imagine, and when they applause, and you feel like you've accomplished something and when they audience cheers and that fuels you to do more to please them. That is why I love dancing. That and you get a nice body.

For five hours she taught us the first few steps to the dance that we would all be in. The lesson was over and we started leave.

"Robyn, can you come here for a second?" Missy called as I was five steps away from freedom and a shower. People oohed as I walked to our tyrant of a dance teacher. When everyone had left, she turned to me from her music collection.

"Look everyone knows you're the best dancer in the group," she said as she put her hand on her hip, "so you get the great joy of being in every single dance." My jaw dropped. We were doing thirty five songs ranging from three minutes to seven minutes.

"Are you sure-,"

"Yes."

"But there's-,"

"I know." I looked at her as if she was serious, "Look kid, you are an amazing dancer and you have great stamina, so I don't see why it won't work out, and I heard the king is giving way money for the best dancer and I want you to have it."