Chapter 18

Shu's P.O.V

Lucy walked to the bathroom with me following her. She went inside and I waited outside for her. After a while, Reiji passed by and looked at me.

"So you were the only one to actually accept the mission?"

"He was not going to leave us alone until someone accepted it. "

"You do realize that he could have gone to someone else right?"

"I know about the Mukamki's."

"She could have just gone to them. So tell me, why did you really accept the job?" I heard the door open. She arched a brow at him. 

"Reiji-sama he is only doing the job to help you guys. He knows about the other people but he also knows that your father would not leave any of you alone until one of you did it."

"Lucy-" I walked away from the two. I didn't need for her to defend me and I didn't want to sound like I cared for them.

"Shu...Shu" I heard her apologize to my brother before she ran after me. "Shu what are you doing?" I didn't answer her. Instead, I went into my room. She went inside and closed the door behind her. I laid on my bed. "Shu-"

"Shut up" I felt her stare at me and could sense that she was a little angry but I didn't care.

"Baka answer me-"

"What do you want?" I said making sure she heard the annoyance in my voice.

"Why did you leave so suddenly?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because I do. So tell me?" I turned my volume up and ignored her, trying to fall asleep. If anything, I knew her recent words were a lie. No one really cares about things like feelings. It's just how the world works.

Lucy's p.o.v

I heard his music get louder. So he has turned his volume up huh? I glared at him. "You know glaring so hard like that can get you worry lines. People will start to think you are older than you actually are." That jerk! I stopped glaring at him and folded my arms before I pouted. "And pouting makes you look like a little kid."

"Shut up" I said as I walked near his couch. He suddenly pulled me onto his bed. "What are you doing?"

"You will be sleeping in my bed." My face heated up.

"With...you?"

"What do you think?" He looked at me making me get a better view of his dark blue-purple colored eyes. Something that stuck in my mind, whether the situation had been good or bad. "Why are you blushing?" He asked catching my attention.

"Be...cause... I am in the same bed...as ...you." He arched a brow.

"You do realize that this means nothing right?"

"I know it's just that..." Maybe I shouldn't continue this conversation. I mean this was supposed to mean nothing and yet-

"Oi "

"I...mean we are sharing the same bed. I rarely even do this with my friends."

"So you do this with your friends? Then you should be somehow used to this." He let me go and laid next to me. Facing in the opposite way. 

"Yeah but-"

"Let me guess, they were girls?" I didn't say anything. Natsu, Happy, and Gray were not girls. So how could I tell him that they were? Lying to him, it was wrong. Shu turned around. "They were men?" I was about to get out of bed but had been pinned to it. He glared at me. "I should have known."

"Shu, you are the first guy I even kissed. I haven't done anything with them and-" I  felt a sharp in pain in my neck.