Exactly My Cup of Tea

Y/N POV

"What the hell do you think you're doing you idiot?!" I female voice screeched at me.

Looking over I was met with very toned calves. I fixed my gaze upwards to a woman who was practically on top of me. Her piercing eyes were on fire with rage. A thin layer of sweat made her well kept body gleaming in the sun. 

"At least get off of him, good grief!" She yelled at me.

"I-I-Ahh oh jeeze!" I tripped over every word and scrambled off of the poor man I mowed over.

"Dude, uncool." The man groaned.

He ran his hands through his hair and shook the sand out, before turning towards me. 

"Now listen here, watch the fuck ou-" He stopped cold when our eyes met.

I peered at him, "Guzma?"

He just stared. I jumped back up onto my feet and pulled him back to his.

"Wow, it has been a really long time." I said, breathlessly.

I studied his face in the seconds that seemed to stretch for hours. His hair was a little longer, the black undercut was more fluffy. His jawline had some scruff, as though he hadn't shaved in a few days, and his eyes had this heavy look of exhaustion in them.

"Um... Listen, I am so sorry for running into you like that. Let me make it up to you. Are you hungry? Or thirsty? Let me take you out to eat or something." I sounded like an idiot, I talked so fast. My otherwise ironclad confidence is always like a limp noodle when I talk to people one on one, let alone someone like Guzma.

"We're busy." Plumeria cut in.

"Plum, we weren't gonna do anything after this. It's okay if I get a drink with Y/N." Guzma said, matter-of-factly.

We were both surprised he agreed. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and shrugged.

"Don't do much these days anyways."

Plumeria got in my face and practically touched my nose with her aggressive finger pointing and hissed. 

"You better take good care of my boy or I'll break your neck."

I hate being threatened. Hate it. I glared at her and sized her up.

"You better watch your own back if you're going around talking like that, not his." I spoke in an agonizingly low tone.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Guzma's eyebrow twitch up. 

Without saying anything, he recalled his Golisopod back to his pokeball and slung his towel over his shoulder. He walked past us and looked back at his friend. She immediately backed down and stormed off.

"She could've come too, you know." I huffed in relief that I didn't have to fight her.

"She doesn't do to well in groups she can't boss around. I love her to pieces, but she'll be okay." He smiled weakly.

"You don't think you being around another woman would bother her?" I genuinely asked. I knew they were close before but a decade is a long time for bonds like that to grow. 

"Why would she?" He stopped to fully look at me.

Aww man, I've asked a stupid question. "Well, I don't know I guess I'm just making small talk." I felt my ears heating up.

"Just-Whatever. Let's go." I rushed past him to collect my things.

Guzma's POV

What a pair of dorks. Plumeria has always been one to fight anyone who looks at her wrong, but she should've known better than to threaten the former champion like that.