Frozen

Guzma's POV

It's been a couple of weeks since my last trial. Y/N has been helping me train since I had been cutting things a little close in the last two trials. I wanted to be the Hero for a change, I had to get stronger to be that. Y/N has been acting strange lately. Ever since the fight with the trial leaders she's been under the weather. 

Today was the same as most. We woke up early and silently ate breakfast together. I watched as he ate her food, her eyes drooped, and her mind was a thousand miles away. I stabbed my food, a fluffy pancake bite, and ate it, not taking my eyes off of her for a moment. 

A tear fell off her cheek and her shoulders slumped.

"Y/N?!" I gasped, surprised by the sudden shift in emotion, "What's wrong?" 

"It's nothing." She whispered.

Anger bubbled under my skin. These mood swings were driving me up the wall. She was always tired, always emotional for no reason. I scoffed at her and got up. She watched me rise from my chair in concern.

"I can't do this, yo. I'll be back later, but you gotta get out of this funk or I'm out." I said and turned to leave.

Baffled at my own words, my throat burned as I slammed the door behind me.

Y/N's POV

I scowled at the closed door, completely unresponsive to Guzma's threat.  How the Hell am I supposed to respond to that. A groan rumbled from my throat and I pushed away my breakfast. I rested my head on the table and sighed. Every opportunity I got, I left to find out what's been going on with the mysterious people who have been harassing and stealing Pokemon. I haven't been able to tell anyone I've taken the case to give the new Champion a chance to take care of the issues at hand, but it seems like nothings progressing. No one is being brought to justice.

Guzma can't know, I need to keep him safe, I need to keep him motivated to complete his trials.

My thought's shattered as my RotoDex blared. Like clockwork, I've been getting calls every day, and today was no different. I answered the video call, and like every other time, the screen was black with faint breathing in the background.

"I'm tired. Can you give me one day to myself?" I groaned.

My heart began to ache, I wanted to try and fix things with Guzma. 

Suddenly, the dark video jumped to life and an out of focus picture slowly revealed a somewhat distant figure, sparring with a Pokemon. My heart crawled up my throat and I froze. Whoever was on the other line was right outside my house, watching Guzma train. I threw down the device and hauled ass outside, I was finally going to catch one of the mystery goons. I barreled down the stairs of my porch and started raking through the bushes. I flurry of determination and rage fueled my barbaric searching.

Guzma and his Golisopod ceased their spar to watch in confusion as I tore apart the brush. I groaned and calmed myself, listening for any movement.

"Y/N? What are you doing?" Guzma hollered.

I ignored him, all of my attention was focused on the greenery.

A slight rustle caught my immediate attention and I charged towards the noise, tackling a figure almost twice my size. He tried to get away, but I hit his face hard, dazing him.

He was a lanky young man, with nervous, confused eyes. He was dressed up in a bizarre outfit that was composed of varying shades of grey, with a big rainbow 'R' on his chest. I glared in recognition.

"Team Rocket?" I almost laughed.

"It's Rainbow Rocket now." The grunt hissed.

I scoffed and helped him up off of the ground. He yanked his hand away from mine and practically hissed at me. Team Rocket is no fan of mine. 

"I need you guys to stop harassing me, okay?" I said in an exhausted, placating voice.

I felt Guzma's presence mere inches behind me, the Grunt was beginning to breathe heavily and showed signs of aggression. 

"We will win this time, Y/N." He shakily hissed, "We've already ruined the precious Totem Pokemon on this island, all we need now is you."

The pieces clicked in my head, but before I could get my hands around his neck, he threw down a smoke ball and disappeared.

"I'm sorry," Guzma turned me towards him, "What?"

I sighed and rubbed my temples before wrapping my arms around him, pulling him into a tight hug.

"It's a story for another time..."