Home

Y/N's POV

The home that mom and I moved into all those years ago came into view as we came to the Hau'oli city outskirts. Mom was sitting on the porch with her Persian, both of them enjoying the sweet sounds of nature to pass the time by. I haden't seen her since I left for Sinnoh. We had planned to go to a resort to welcome me home, but I'm sure she'll enjoy the surprise of seeing me early anyways.

I quickened my pace and waved to her. Persian noticed me first and got up to greet me.

"Mom! I'm back!" I said excitedly as I ran to her.

She put a hand over her heart as she got up from her seat and waved me over. I skipped the first step on the porch, nearly falling over, and gave her a hug.

"Oh, Y/N, I missed you!" She said with tears welling in her eyes.

"I missed you too mom." I smiled.

She looked up and down my face, and for a split second she looked over my shoulder. She smiled wryly when she saw Guzma at the bottom of the steps.

"Who's this?" She whispered to me, trying to hide excitement, "Y/N, did you bring a man home?"

"Mom! Shut up!" I said in a hushed voice, "He's a friend!"

She chuckled and waved at Guzma, gestering him to come inside with us.

We sat in my old living room and had tea while mom prepared lunch for us. It felt nice to be home with mom again. I had been living on my own since I was 17. Too many people bothered mom when she was out an about to set up interviews or whatever so I figured I'd spare her by moving. We still talk all of the time so it's almost like I never left. After a short while, mom sat with us and ate. She kept eye balling Guzma as he inhaled the soup and sandwhiches she made.

She leaned towards me and whispered, "He likes my cooking. I like this one so far."

She winked at me and I looked down at my knees completely embaressed by her comment. I could tell Guzma heard it because he froze mid slurp when she winked.

With full bellies, I finally sighed and turned to mom, "We should get going. We still have to fly back to my place to rest for the night. Guzma has to do the Trials by my house so I wanna get an early headstart on that."

She shook her head and looked at Guzma.

"You want to see Y/N's old room?" She asked.

He flashed me a smile and I gave him a look, pleading him to say no.

"That would be awesome." He replied.

I groaned as we all walked to my old room. Mom pushed open the door and inside light was lazily pouring in from the window. Dust floated around in the illuminating beams, and it was painfully obvious that no one had been in this room for a very long time. Guzma walked in first and looked around.

"I can see that the modesty in your decorations has some deep roots." He said as he walked to my little desk.

He wasn't wrong. I never really liked being flashy. It's always more fun to set the bar low so I can blow people out of the park with whatever I'm doing. Expectations were a thing of power, I guess. I smiled and picked up a little Skitty plush off of my bed. This was the one item in here without dust.

"I sleep with that whenever I'm really missing you." Mom said, her voice breaking.

I gave her a hug and told her I loved her.

"We're still on for our trip, right?" I asked, trying to make her feel better.

She wiped away a tear and nodded, "You're darn right, and if you want to invite your 'friend,' I wouldn't mind. He's handsome."

She chuckled at our discomfort and led us back through the house and to the front door.

"Come visit me again soon, honey." She said hugging me.

She let me go and hugged Guzma, "And you, don't be a stranger."

She waved us goodbye and we walked into town. We had to stop by a Pokemon Center before going back home. I'm sure Guzma's team is not having a good time in their pokeballs beaten up like that.

"Sorry about her." I said as we walked into the big red building.

"Don't worry about it, she was really nice." He laughed and pulled out his pokeballs.

Nurse Joy quickly took his team to the back, and returned in no time. Guzma thanked her and left a small tip on the table. She quickly changed her attitude and wished us well on our journey on our way out.

"Ready to go?" I asked as I called out a ride pager.

He swallowed hard and nodded. We climbed on the Charizard and shot off into the sky, back to my island.

...
A/N Sorry for the short chapter, yo! This one was more of a filler so we could see momma react to big bad Guzma ;DDD