Prologue

The sound of a very loud child screaming brought daylight to my sight, I opened my eyes very quickly to see my younger brother Ross screaming for me to wake up, "Katie come on! Big brother has breakfast ready" I smiled at Ross and gave him a quick hug and kiss on the cheek before hoping out of bed "You go down and eat your breakfast I'm not really hungry today so I'll skip breakfast today okay?"

"Okay sis, but you promise when you are home that we can watch some movies together?"

"Of course Ross anything for you" His face lit up and ran down stairs to go and get some food, frankly I just didn't want to have to see Chris' face this morning after last night, I walked into my bathroom and lifted my top up to reveal a hefty bruise sitting on the side of my rib. My brother is abusive lets just put it as that, I've been receiving abuse since the age of fifteen when my mum and dad first passed away, I'll never forget that day, it was October 12th 2014 my younger brother Ross would've been a year old at this point and Chris was nineteen. Me, mum and dad were driving back from the supermarket in the car and we were singing Taylor swift songs quite loudly and just having lots of fun. The weather was pretty bad and my dad was focusing on the road when this car came round the corner suddenly at high speed and smashed into the front of the car, the last thing I can remember from that accident was my mothers smile just before it happened, it was all so fast. When I woke up in the hospital the doctor told me about the news and my injuries he said I was lucky, I escaped with two broken ribs, a fractured wrist and heaving bruised foot. I was devastated upon hearing about my parents passing and Chris blames me to this day and says it's all my fault for the accident thing place. From that day Chris was forced to grow up even more, leave university and take on a job whilst also looking after Ross and making sure we were all fed and clothed. Because of this since that day Chris has been taking his angers and his frustrations out on me, hitting me, kicking me and most of screaming at me this only happens whenever Ross isn't here and is at pre-school. 

I sighed and put my top back down, I my eyes travelled up to my face. I turned my expression to straight or blank I guess you could say, I picked up my toothbrush and started to prepare myself for what I know was going to be a crazy day.