I want

I walked through the doors into chemistry to see John sat at our table all ready for the lesson ahead of us, I smiled as I sat down in my chair but I felt a different vibe from John as I settled into my seat "What was up with Lucy Katie?"

"I don't know John, she's going through a bit of a situation at home right now and it's not my place to say" 

"ah okay, anyway you up to much tonight?"

"think I'm looking after Ross tonight cause Chris wants to go and see Joanna"

"Could I possibly come over?"

"Uh sure, how come the sudden interest of coming to mine?"

"I don't know just fancy some company tonight" I just nodded and pulled out my notepad for chemistry, it was just a self study session today but something set really weird, John kept looking at me and would sometimes nudge his leg against mine. "So how has things been with Chris?"

"It's been okay John, not so bad"

"Katie come on you can't fool me, I can tell by the way you are sitting that you are in a lot of pain"

"Fine he got mad last night cause I forgot to do the dishes and he punched me in the stomach" his fist clenched really hard and I could saw his jaw tightening as I confessed what really happened to me last night. The rest of the period went by really slowly, I could tell that he wanted to speak to Chris so bad and let loose on him for revenge of all the times he's been hurting me. I just couldn't help but wonder why he cares so much, I mean I get that I'm one of his friends and all but this is extreme. I was glad when the bell went for next period, I headed along to p.e ready for an hour of what ever sport the teacher decides to pick for us to do. 

I came out of the changing rooms wearing my p.e sports kit, which was just sports shorts and a t-shirt and my favourite Adidas shoes, I saw Lucy down the end of the hall and she smiled at me instantly and headed over to me. "Guess what we are playing today Katie?"

"What?"

"Dodgeball, we are clashing with the boys class today because the teachers didn't really have anything planned for us" I smiled, dodgeball was my favourite part of p.e expect from football. We walked into the hall where the other class was waiting and across the hall was John, I could see Lucy's cheeks start to go red as she saw her crush and I rolled my eyes. I went and stood up against the wall and proceeded to tie my hair up in a pony tail to keep my hair out of my face, when it came to sports I was supper competitive and hated to lose in any situation. The teachers mixed us into different teams so it was mixed with boys and girls on both sides, thank god me and John weren't on the same team otherwise the other team would've just lost so simply and quickly and where is the fun in that. The entire session was fun and my team won after me and John had a bit of a showdown against one another, John was fast but not quite as fast as I was. Me and Lucy headed into the changing rooms and started to get ready, lunch was next so everyone was just taking their time and having a chat "So Katie things got a little heated there in the hall between you and John is something going on there?" Brooke aka the year slut and popular girl "No Brooke, there is nothing going on between me and him just simply two people who are super competitive and don't like to lose to one another" 

"Ooo, so thats your guys kink then?"

"Oh my god Brooke why does everything have to be about sex, relationships and pulling someone to you, why can't two people who have known each other for years just be friends?"

"because it never is just friends Katie one or the other end up liking the other person at some point during the friendship and sometimes that makes or break the relationship"  I rolled my eyes just hoping that Lucy never heard a single word of that conversation Because if she did then that would only put more doubt in her mind about me and John. I finished getting back into my normal clothes and left the changing room as quick as I could and there was Lucy trying to speak away to John, I smiled because I knew just simply speaking to the boy makes her really happy .  I leant against the wall watching the two together, "So Katie what really are your thoughts on Lucy and John?" I turned round to see Andrew the year jackass, who thinks he's better than everyone else because he's tall and hunky. "I think its great they get on really well and they are my friends so I wouldn't have an issue" 

"Ahaha but at the same time you are worried that if they go there and it goes south then it could ruin the great friendship that they have" I stared at Andrew for a moment before thinking in my head he's right, I am worried. "and plus today you looked super fit today in your p.e kit especially when you kicked John's ass at dodgeball" 

"Yeah? it's kind funny how it only took a summer of really intense work outs building and toning muscles that I already have for you to recognise me" He shook his head and chuckled, he put his hand against the wall and land in closely to me "I'll see you later Katie and I'm looking forward to see what you will be wearing this weekend" I stared at his face as he pulled away from me. Boys nowadays are really disgraceful, I turned my attention to John and Lucy who were stood at the end of the hallway staring at me. I took a deep breath and walked towards the pair "Hey what was that all about Katie?" 

"Just Andrew being Andrew and suddenly paying attention to me because I've worked on myself and I suddenly feel good about myself" 

"It's probably because you've got a great ass" my eyes widened as I heard those words seriously come out of John's mouth and so did Lucy's. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that it just kind came out" Lucy just smiled and walked away, I glanced quickly at John before walking in Lucy's direction. "hey Lucy slow down please talk to me" 

"Listen Katie if it was obvious before it bloody as all hell is now"

"Are you mad at me? I haven't done anything!"

"No I'm not, I'm upset with him because he never seems to really notice that I'm trying so hard and he dismisses me so much and he must know by now that I'm trying to make a move on him and he keeps putting me off" 

"Right well then Lucy come on lets go and get some cheesy chips to cheer you up" 

"Oh Katie you always know how to cheer me up" I giggled and off we went to our favourite chip shop where we go every Monday to get some cheesy chips.