Chapter 14

Halia woke up at about 9:00am. She noticed there was a warmth there and she was shocked to see it was Ashton. Carefully, she got out of her bed and covered Ashton with the duvet again. She walked downstairs and saw Luke on the couch with a little girl she had never seen before. 

"Hey Luke," she said, carefully walking back to him. 

"Hey Halia," he said and smiled. 

He looked at her arm to see a little bit of blood soaking through the bandage that was on it.

"Halia, what happened?" he asked, looking concerned. The little girl was looking very sleepy next to Luke on the couch. 

"Are we the only ones awake? Halia asked.

"Yeah, now what happened to your arm?" he asked again.

Halia sat down next to him. She looked him straight in the eyes and said, "you happened, Luke,"

Luke looked horrified, "I-I did that?" he asked. 

"Yeah. You were drunk last night, and I heard a big crash so I came down to check on you, and you pushed me and I fell and my arm landed in a pile of glass from a broken vodka bottle," Halia explained. 

"Oh my god. I am so, so sorry. I never meant to hurt you I-" he rambled on until Halia cut him off,

"Luke, It's okay. I know you didn't mean to hurt me,"

"I'm really sorry Halia. I love you a lot," Luke said and brought his sister in for a hug. 

"I love you too Luke, so are you going to introduce me to your friend?" 

"Yeah!" he said excitedly, "this is Abby. I babysit her a lot,"

"Hi Abby," Halia said sweetly to the little girl, "I'm Halia. I'm Luke's sister,"

"Hi," she spoke quietly, obviously feeling shy. 

"Hey Abby, why don't you go find Ashton and scare him to wake him up," Luke said. 

Halia blushed, "you might wanna look in the guest room instead of his room, Abby," she said. 

Luke gave her a look, "Okay!" Abby said excitedly and ran off. 

"The guest room, huh? So, your room?" Luke asked.

"I don't know how he got there, all I know is that when I woke up he was there," Halia said, putting her hands up like she was surrendering. 

"Whatever you say," Luke said with a smile, "lets watch a movie," 

"Alright, you pick. I'll get a blanket," Halia said and walked to the chair beside the couch and grabbed a big fuzzy blanket.

Halia and Luke snuggled up, skipping through the previews.

Of course he had to pick The Odd Life of Timothy Green, Halia thought, the end always makes me cry. 

**

Ashton was having a peaceful dream about the first time they played for a huge crowd. Suddenly, there was a weight on him and he sat up, scared, and screamed. He heard childish giggling. 

He sighed, "hi Abby," he said with a smile on his face. 

"Hi Ashy!" she said and lunged for a hug, "Luke told me to scare you and the pretty girl told me you were in here,"

Ashton hugged back, "pretty girl? Do you mean Halia?" he asked.

"Yeah," she said, pulling away and sitting down in front of Ashton.