Chapter 18

SO I'VE DECIDED THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER, AND IT'S GONNA BE SHORT. THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVE ON THIS, AND I MIGHT POST AN EPILOGUE IF YOU GUYS REALLY WANT IT. LOVE YOU XX.

**

Two cars, six people, blinding lights and another trip to the hospital. 

Halia and Ashton were in the backseat. They were cuddling because well, they were in love. 

Calum was driving, he was sitting alone in the front humming along to the randoms songs on the radio.

Luke was asleep, curled up next to Micheal and Michael had his arms around the smaller boy. 

The second car came from no where, slamming into the side of the car at 80 miles an hour. The whole car flipped over, shocking Luke awake and making him cling onto Michael even harder. It flipped a few times, and it landed upside down. Calum was the first to say anything.

"Please say you're name if you can hear me," he said in a pleading voice. 

"M-michael," the boy stuttered out. 

"Ashton," he stated, seemingly the most lucid.

The three of them waited, there was no further response. 

"Halia, Luke? Please tell me you're okay," Ashton pleaded, opening his eyes slowly. 

The first thing he was was Halia. There was a piece of metal sticking straight through her stomach. She was awake, struggling for breath. 

Ashton looked at her, tears coming to his eyes. 

"Halia, I love you so much, please don't leave me!" Ashton yelled. 

"I-I love you too," she breathed, and then her eyes closed, her breathing stopped, and it was silent. 

"Halia?" Ashton whispered. No response. 

"Luke? Lukey wake up please," Michael pleaded, shaking Luke's body, "Please, Lukey, it will be okay," Michael said, then they heard the police sirens. 

**

"Halia Penelope Quinn, aged 17, pronounced dead at the scene of the accident," the detective said. 

"Lucas Robert Hemmings, aged 17, cause of death, major bleeding in the brain after he hit it in the crash, pronounced dead at 12:34pm," the other detective said. 

"We're sorry for your loss boys, if there is anything we can do, tell us," they said and walked away. 

Michael was still crying. He couldn't believe it, his boyfriend, and his best friend. Gone in an instant. Never to return again. He'd never get to hear Luke's laugh or see his smile. He'd never get to feel the feeling he would get when Luke pulled one of his random acts of affection. 

Michael would never get to hear Luke's voice in person. He'd never get to tell Luke that he loved him, ever again. 

Calum was in the same boat as Michael, thnking about the two best friends he had lost. 

Now Ashton, he was a different story. He wasn't crying, he wasn't frowning, he wasn't doing anything except sitting and staring blankly at the wall. He felt numb. He was going to tell Halia that he wanted her to meet his family. In the back of his mind, he was starting to plan a future with Halia, but that was all taken away from him because of one person, drinking and driving. 

Nothing would ever be the same again.

**

I'M REALLY SORRY. YOU CAN BLAME @quantum-fags FOR THIS. I'M SORRY. I LOVE Y'ALL AND THANKS FOR EVERYTHING. 

I HAVE A NEW FANFIC

GO CHECK IT OUT

MAYBE I'LL POST THE FIRST CHAPTER SOONER THAN YOU THINK.

Remember, the story is never done, it's forever unfinished. 

-Hallie.