Epilogue

After the crash, the band didn't break up. They continued going strong, and before every show they played a video montage of all the good moments they had with Halia and Luke, and they did it for them. They didn't get a new member, they could never do that. The three of them were enough. 

Michael grieved the hardest. Losing his best friend and his one true love. He shut down for days, sometimes weeks at a time. He didn't eat. If slept at all, he would wake up crying because of yet another dream featuring Luke and Halia. Calum tried to watch over him most of the time, him being the only one who could sort of keep it together. 

Michael would get drunk, a lot. Drinking until the memory of the crash fades, and then it comes back and hits him full force, making every ounce of him hurt. He trashed the house most of the time, and then he'd end up in Luke's bed, a sobbing mess of tissues and the smell of beer. 

Calum, even though he lost two of his best friends, was always calm in a hard situation. He never broke down in front of the boys, well, once or twice. He did however, break down in front of Juliette almost every night they were together. They were together within two months of them meeting, they could lean on each other, Calum more so than Juliette. 

Now, Ashton. The only time Ashton felt okay is when they were on stage, playing for Luke and Halia. Whenever he was at home, he would be in his room, just laying on the bed and staring at the ceiling blankly. He didn't sleep. Maybe 20 minutes a night, maybe. He wouldn't cry until he heard Michael's screams from the nightmares he was experiencing. 

There was one time, Ashton heard Michael break down in the middle of the night. Michael was screaming and he could hear that he was trashing the bathroom. He had a bad feeling in his stomach. He ran to Michaels room to see Michael standing there with a razor in his hand, almost touching his wrist.

Ashton lunged forward, snatching the piece of metal from the boys hand. Calum came on after that, hearing Michael scream at Ashton for taking away something that would bring him to Luke made him curious. 

That night, all of the boys layed in bed together, crying and comforting each other. 

**

Calum and Juliette got married ten years after that, and they had twins a nother two years after that. Their names were Halia and Luke, after the people Calum had lost twelve years prior. 

Michael developed feelings for Ashton. It was a bad road to go down, but Michael thought it made sense. 

Ashton discovered that he was in fact bisexual, and he had feelings for Michael. They tried it, and it worked out. They were together and they were happy, and they had each other during nights of nightmares and break downs. 

The band broke up fifteen years after Halia and Luke died, they decided that they had had enough. 

Calum, Ashton, Michael and Juliette all lived in the same neighbourhood. Every year, they would have a celebration for the memory of Halia and Luke. It was beautiful each and every year.

50 years came and went, and the memory of 5 Seconds of Summer still lives on. 

**

So, um... Yeah... That's it guys. 

I really do hope you all enjoyed this, I promise my other fanfics won't end like this. 

I love you, and I hope that you still love me. 

Hallie x