Chapter 2

The next day Michael and Luke woke up at somewhat of a peace. Last night after Michael had admitted to Luke that he was gay, Luke was silent, and Michael started to freak out. Luke assured him that he was completely fine with it, and they both planned to tell their secrets to the boys in the morning. Michael didn't know that Luke had two secrets to tell. 

"Are you ready Mikey?" Luke said, rubbing Michael's back. 

"Yeah, are you?" He said, glancing at Luke's thighs. 

Luke sighed, "Yeah."

"Well, lets go then." Michael said and started heading downstairs. Luke followed nervously, his hands shaking in anticipation. They walked down the steps slowly, stopping at the bottom of the stairs when they saw Ashton and Calum sitting on the couch watching a random television program. Luke and Michael sat on the couch opposite to Ashton and Calum and Michael switched the TV off. 

"Hey! I was watching that!" Calum said in an annoyed tone. 

"We have to tell you something that is way more important that a stupid program." Michael said. 

The two boys seemed way more interested now, Calum and Ashton leaned forward and Ashton spoke "Whats up guys?" 

"Well, I guess I'll go first, since mine is a lot less dramatic than Lukes. Is that okay Luke?" Michael said, and Luke nodded, "Well, boys, um, I'm gay." Michael said bluntly, and waited for a reaction.

"Thats great Mikey!" Ashton said, giving him a hug.

"Yeah Michael, theres nothing wrong with it." Calum said smiling. 

Michaels face went grim, "Now, now uh, Luke?" He looked at the boy and Luke looked like he was going to cry. He signaled Michael to come closer to him and whispered in his ear, "Mikey, what if they're disgusted with me?" Michael was surprised that Luke could think like that.

"They wont be Lukey, just tell them. I'll be here for you." 

Luke nodded and wiped his eyes.

"Boys, the freak out last night, it was because I couldn't find my razors." Luke said and had to stop so he wouldn't cry.

"But Luke, you don't even shave." Calum said, oblivious.

"Th-that's not what they are for." Luke said, a couple of tears rolling on his cheeks. He pulled up his sorts and all of the cuts and scars were in view. 

Audible gasps were heard from the two boys, Michael had seen it, but was crying again. 

"Please don't be disgusted with me." Luke whispered, his head hanging low.  

"Oh Luke, we wouldn't be disgusted with you. We love you." Ashton said and gave him a hug along with Calum. 

"Luke when did this start?" Calum asked.

"Y-Year nine." 

Michael was shocked, it was his fault. He always teased Luke, and beat him up, and just put him through torture. More tears came out of Michaels eyes and he furiously wiped at them. 

"So It's Michaels fault?" Ashton said angrily, his fists clenching. A choked sob came out of Michaels mouth and his hand flew up to his mouth and covered it. 

"Luke, I'm so sorry. Why didn't you tell me last night?" Michael said.

"Save it Clifford. Get out of here." Calum snapped. 

Michael nodded and ran to his room. He slammed the door behind him and locked it, collapsing on his bed. He curled into a ball and sobbed.

He was the reason Luke felt so depressed and horrible inside.

He was the reason that Luke hurt himself all these years.

He was the reason Luke tried to kill himself. 

Michael grebbed his phone and went to the twitter app. 

@Michael5SOS: I caused someone to hurt. I didn't know, I hated them because I hated myself for how I felt about them. I love them. Knowing that the person maybe wouldn't be here today because of me makes me feel like shit. I'm sorry xx

He typed and published. He regretted it, but he didn't care. Luke wouldn't love him back. He knew it. More tears fell down Michaels face. Words couldn't describe what Michael felt right now. A mix of love for Luke, hate for himself, sadness, guilt. 

Michael heard a knock at the door, "Michael? It's Luke. I really need to talk to you."

Michael froze, he was going to kick him out of the band, he knew it. Michael looked at himself on his bed. He was wearing his usual black skinny jeans and a black and white plaid tanktop button up. He didn't want to let Luke in, but he knew he had to. He tried to wipe away his tears but they kept coming. He didn't really care.

"It's open." He said gruffly. 

Luke walked in and immediately felt horrible. Just seeing the state that Michael was in broke his heart. He got into bed next to Michael, and pulled him to his body, cuddling into him. 

"Michael please stop crying. Please, It's not all your fault. Please stop crying and look at me." Luke said pleadingly. Michael turned over, wiped his eyes, and looked at Luke. 

Luke marveled at how even when crying, his face puffy and red and a little dribble of snot coming out of his nose, Michael still looked beautiful. Luke took a tissue from the box and wiped Michaels nose and eyes. 

"Michael, this is not your fault. Please trust me. In year nine, you did hate me, and yes I started cutting because of you, but we became friends so fast after I started, that it wasn't because of you anymore. It was because of all the other people. Michael, promise me you wont do anything."

Michael was baffled, "Of course I wouldn't do anything Luke." Luke smiled. He pulled Michael close to him and layed like that. 

"I saw your tweet earlier Mikey. Was that about me?" Luke asked.

"Yeah. It was. I do love you Luke, even if I know you're straight. I love you more than anything in the world and I don't know what I would do without you and-" Michael got cut off by Luke softly placing his lips onto Michaels. He pulled away after a few seconds and looked deep into Michaels eyes.

"Michael, I am as straight as a curly fry, and I love you too." Luke said, kissing Michael again.