Chapter 3

Eleanor Hence's P.O.V.

"Pack up, we have a new mission." Jaz said to me as I looked at her confused.

"Jaz, we don't have a mission for now." I corrected her as she nods.

"I know, I was joking with you guys but Adam asked me to get you guys. I guess we're having a little party and he wanted the whole squad to be there." Jaz said as we followed her to where the new party is at.

"I'm going to go play." Jaz says before she heads to McG.

"Want to go get food?" I asked Amir.

"I thought you only eat potato chips." Amir tells me before he sits down next to Adam.

"Ugh, fine." I tell him before sitting down in the other side of Adam.

"So good. So good. We're rocking it." McG said as him and Jaz are playing the horse shoe game.

"I can't ever play that game, I suck at it." I said out loud.

"I'll like to play you afterwards then." Amir says as I nod.

"You're probably going to beat me." I say to Amir.

"I can probably beat all of you guys." Adam say as Amir and I looked at him.

"Probably." Amir and I said at the same time.

"You go." McG said before Jaz threw her horse shoe before missing complete but still landing in the box.

"I mean for a little sniper, there I expected a little more." McG said amused that she missed.

"I don't know, Top." Amir said to Adam.

"All these years, I thought working undercover was the hardest thing ever but this.... this doing nothing is harder." Amir says as Adam and I looked at him.

"Amir, you're sure?" Adam asked him.

"I do agree with Amir, well I was undercover a while ago. Maybe like a couple years." I say.

"21 people injured. Four service men dead, and here we sit two weeks later like it never happened." Amir says.

"That's our job." I say.

"Do me a favor. Look out there. What's happening? You got Jaz and McG talking smack, bitching about horseshoes, Preach talking to his family. That's not ignoring what happened, okay? It's called moving on, which if you're going to be on a team like ours, that's exactly what you gotta do." Adam said giving Amir a speech.

"Well I'm leaving." I tell them before standing up and walking away to get more potato chips.

I mean I do love talking to them but if Adam is going to give Amir a big speech, then I prefer to not be there. 

I went inside the warehouse to the kitchen. 

"Dammit." I say as I can't find anymore potato chips, somebody eat them.

I ran outside to find McG and Jaz arguing with Adam and Amir.

"I thought you said we were the top of the spear." I heard Amir say.

"What's wrong, El?" Preach asked me as I reached them.

"Who ate the last potato chips?" I asked serious as McG stars to laugh.

He ate it.

"That's not funny, I only eat potato chips." I tell him before smacking his chest.

"Ellie, you got to eat something else too. That's very unhealthy." Adam said.

"Ugh, I don't want too." I say complaining.

"Stop being  a child." McG said.

"I am a child!" I tell McG.

"She's 19, she's still a teen." Preach said to McG.

Adam's computer rings.

"I got to get this." Adam said as he leave with Jaz after him.

"I still want my potato chips!" I yell at McG as he ignored me and keep walking after Adam.

Everyone of them walked after Adam while I sat down outside.

Maybe I should stop being a child. I mean I never really had a childhood, and I guess I'm still acting like a child because of that. 

"Eleanor!" I heard Amir yell my name.

"On my way." I yell back before standing up.

"I'm sorry, it's all my fault." I whispered to myself before walking into the warehouse.

I walked in to find everybody sitting looking at Adam with his computer. I sat down next to Preach.

"Cassie Conner, CIA officer out of Ukraine, send a SOS 12 minutes ago. Now she's operating out of a warehouse here, in Sverdlovsk, it's deep in disputed territory. Whole place is crawling with Pro-Russians rebels. 

"A direct attack to a CIA officer? That's a mayor violence of the unwritten rules of espionage." Amir said.

"Maybe they should go after McG, I mean he's a potato chip thift." I say giving McG a death glare.

"Is this mission official or unofficial?" Jaz asked.

"Officially unofficially. We hop on a 130 across the black sea; we helo the target. ETA 110 mikes, so let's go after it. " Adam said before we all stood up and went to pack out bags.