For the Love of the Contract

" It's him, the Natori guy, isn't he? "

" Haha, the cowards Natori. Look at them, what a luck to finally have a heir with spiritual power. "

" That's the Natori last heir, right? I heard he intends to come back to exorcism bussiness? What an ignorant child. "

" Even if he's back to bussiness, their family won't survive with only that you know. The youkai hold many grudges on them. "

On and on, the scorns Natori Shuuichi received as the only child and heir of Natori family was countless when he was about to make the first step into the world of exorcist. From the beginning, he's not even that get along with his father and the other family members. His joy was only his deceased mother and grandfather. To think that he will encounter those scorns and ill-rumoured behind his back again after his mother's death, he's getting used to them in no time.

Who knows, perhaps that's another hidden factor to his career as a big star on the surface of the world, to not listen to their sneers.

It's not that he's being cold and heartless, but he's just being a person who use their heart less than usual. The encounter with Matoba Seiji at that night and their last collaboration at high school, made him realize that even after he had a forked path from the human world, he still had to choose which way he would go in the exorcist world. In a way, it's all thanks to Matoba, indirectly.

And which one is the right way in the Onmyouji world, there's no rule for that. Because this world is a different world, the law and morals of men are not working in this slightly strange world. Though, we lived side by side, next to each other, the fact that we still can't understand each other is inevitable.

" Seiji! What are you doing?! "
The panicked Natori, yelled to behind him. Although the Onryou has stopped moving, the sickening aura they released will stil overcome them if Natori didn't hold it up with his barrier. The miasma they leaked is not better as well.

The three of them-- Natori, Ryuuji, and Yura, are in a bad position right now. If they stopped their job even for a momment, the evil aura will come in to the building.

" You jerk! You dare to betray us, Matoba?! "
The enraged Ryuuji shouted, glancing behind him.

" No no... Please, don't make me the one who looks like a bad person here. I'm just doing my job, as the back up, isn't it? "
His crafty words and smile are never parted from his face as he talks.

One will never know just what's in Matoba's mind, and now, he's offering himself to explain what's behind his action just now, generously.

" As I see the original plan going on, the plan will take too much time and energy. I can see how Shuuichi-san works very hard on dispersing the Onryou, slowly but surely. But those slowness will only dragged the people behind you into danger, Shuuichi-san. "

Natori knows about that already, and he neither can't or having the reason to deny that fact. Natori listened to what Matoba have to say, even though with annoyance and grim.

" Yura can't hold the miasma any longer than this, Ryuuji also has to support Shuuichi-san and cleanse the curse caused by the Onryou, simultaneously. Seeing such circumstances, is it not a good time to use a backup plan? You know, better to prevent than to cure, right? "

About his explanation, Natori doesn't have any choice to accept the truth he had spoken. But it didn't give a rational reason to shoot the Onryou... without killing it instantly at the place.

" I've realized about my own weakness, well then I accept your words. But you should've realized it as well, that the original plan is the best to get rid of the Onryou and the curse at the same time. Though it will take times, but that's the best and safest way, am I wrong, Seiji? "
For Natori to counter attack him like this, even without looking at him in the eye, Matoba can feel the glare already from him.