It's Awfully so Fragile

Natsume's surroundings is vague in his eyes, but he can be sure that they're in some vast place that is all white. Back in his mind, somewhat he can hear a rustle voice of trees like in summer.

He's not supposed to feel anything when this is basically just a dream, however he notice how the wind blew sweetly and touch his cheek

A man who Natsume suddenly know so well in--perhaps--just a few minutes, stand a few steps away in front of Natsume.

His expression is calm, but when he opened his eyes, everyone who takes a closer look can point out how sorrow bewildered in his eyes for too long.

" ... Why did you show me that, Daito? "
Though Natsume is pained by this, but he's still acted calmly at him.

" To show you the many reasons welled up inside me, to hate that man, Nurarihyon. Now that you have seen them, I hope you understand my feelings. "

" But... Does it have to be me? "

" Though you are a stranger to this matter, but you are not to the feeling I've felt, are you? Surely... You know the feeling of losing someone so precious... Simultaneously, in front of your eyes. "

[ PLEASE PLAY TH VIDEO...! ]

Natsume struck down by his words. Now he get it. Not just Natsume somewhat has the ability to communicate with the youkai or saw their memories through his dreams, but this time, Daito deliberately showed all of it to Natsume to ask Natsume's understanding of his feeling.

" Losing someone precious... It's not just me... Everyone, I'm sure everyone have felt it. Even Nurarihyon. "
Natsume clenched his fist and looked up to the soul-less eyes of Daito.

" Nurarihyon is the Supreme Commander of all youkai. That man who has bathed himself with lavish things and power, would not understand the fragile things such as feeling of love and affection. "

" No you're wrong! "

" ... "

Natsume didn't intend to yelled at him all of a sudden like that. But hearing Daito looking down on Nurarihyon's feeling, when Natsume knows the full story of their family and losing their loved ones in war from Rikuo's own mouth, Natsume just couldn't stand still and not doing anything.

" Nurarihyon has a family now. He married a human woman, and had a half human-youkai son. But his wife left him first, and his son got killed by the enemy while still having a young grandson... Nurarihyon was in grim as well... I bet he feels remorseful from what he said back in your memories... But the fact that even Nurarihyon can feel such sadness... How can you hurt his grandson's feeling?! "

Daito's silent at his desperate tell. But he still doesn't have any changes in heart.

" I... I heard it myself, when Nurarihyon about to destroy the village... An epidemic has befall your village... "
Natsume's looking down at his feet with grim. Remembering the weak smile of Daito's mother before her death.