Following The Rule of 17th

" Happy birthday, Natsume! "

A sudden loud noise from the party popper exploded right over Natsume's head as he came out of the class to return home. Colorful pieces of paper, glistening from the reflection of the sunlight that began to sink. Just like a star scattered together with happy smiles of his friends.

Natsume is as speechless as a statue. He was frozen on the floor for a moment until his friend, Nishimura, congratulate him once again.

" Oi, happy birthday, Natsume! We've planned this surprise for you. "
Nishimura twine Natsume as he put his arms on him.

" E-eh? You all planned for this? "
Natsume replayed his friend's statement in awe.

" Well, excuse me, but actually most of the idea is planned by me. "
Sasada the class representative noted clearly with emphasizing her own deeds.

" Yes yes, but it won't work this well if we're not  in this as well. "
Kitamoto teased which resulting Sasada's annoyance at him.

" Haha, anyway, happy birthday Natsume, you're 17th now. You do realize that you're the second oldest out of the 5 of us right? Hahaha. "
Tanuma jokingly stated the fun fact.

" Sheesh, don't say it like that. You make me feel really old, Tanuma. "
Taki complained, as the oldest with 15 May as her birthday.

The five of them is really merry though they're probably the only one left in school at this time. The school has ended, and the clock pointing at 4:30. Sun light has turned the sky from bright blue to warm crimson. Even the clouds almost look pinkish to it.

" Hahaha, thank you everyone. I even forgot my own birthday actually. Can't say I'm not surprised by all of this. "
Natsume smile widely almost doesn't look like Natsume's usual thin smile.

And of course, his friends are most pleased with it. The reason why they decided to hold t after school is because they understand Natsume doesn't really comfortable with many people's attention on him. He's such a softie even though he likes to act masculine and use tough words.

After the short yet memorable celebration, Natsume and everyone made their way to house. Along the way, they really talked a lot and made Natsume be the happiest today. One by one with each intersection, they have to be apart for today.

Saying goodbye till next Monday—since today is Friday and they have 2 days off—each of them parted with Natsume saying thanks with them over and over again. He always act modest whenever things like this happened. And his friends has gotten over it since months ago.

" See you later, Kitamoto. "

" See ya, Natsume. "

With the last wave, finally Natsume is alone on the road to his house.

The sky has gotten even redder with purplish blue on the top of it. The night will fall soon and sun change shift with the moon and stars. In the countryside, the stars is brightest with their visible constellation.

" I'm home.. "
Natsume slide open the door. Then in a few seconds later, Touko-San came to the front door with her apron still on.

" Ah, Takashi-kun, you're home! "
She announced happily. She's always a happy woman, but this time she looks more excited than usual.

Just when Natsume take off his shoes, he notices a pair of shoe that he doesn't recognize from any the Fujiwara couple.

" Is there a guest? "
He asked putting his shoes in the shelf.

" Yes, you should greet him now. "
She suggest, though already leading his arm to the dining room.

" E-eh? But who is it, Touko-sa-- "
Unfinished yet his words, the voice of the guest in the room struck a pleasant surprise in Natsume's heart.