The Unspoken Words In the Eyes

What's left after rain, is not always a rainbow. Rather, what's truly definite is the smell of petrichor-- the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil. In other words, it's the nature smell. A nostalgic smells even under our conscious.

Just like those particular smells, it reaches to the deepest part of Daito's darkened heart. However, it's not the after-rain smells that stimulate his senses, instead, it's the sounds of a chiming little bell of summer.

Cold cheek, sore lung, dry eyes.

Daito has long lost count on time--no, rather, it's almost feels like the time has abandoned Daito for many thousands of years. Leaving the poor soul in grief and loathe.

Even death would be his greatest mercy at this point.

Hence, that is the best reason behind what Natsume's doing right now.

A speck of light... Then spread into ray of golden lights. Underneath, is the body colder than ice and harder than any diamonds. Envelope with grim and anguish, Daito finally bathed under those warm light.

"... How nostalgic... "
He thought as his sanity began to bloom again bit by bit.

Those paternal lights of orange, yellow, white, and other warm colors, how long has it been since Daito remember those distinctions?

" These lights... And colors... I remember them....Ah, yes... The warm color yet chilling feel.... It's autumn isn't it, Ginkgo? "

The lips that never moved until now, painfully stretched bit by bit. Showing his effort to smile at the thought-- even if it's only a little.

" Daito...open your eyes. "
A voice that chimed sweetly like a bundle of bell. Ringing cheerfully as if calling for happiness itself.

" Gin...kgo... Are you there? "

Ray of lights slowly penetrate the darkness within Daito's eyes. A heavy burden of thousands of years finally came to light.

When the eyes opened, what's before him is nothing that Daito ever imagined how his suffering would end

A scenery filled with peach color trees, colorful flowers stretch out as far as the eyes can see like a carpet. The clear blue sky with brushes of white clouds as an accent, together with how the sunlight is really warm and merciful.