chapter 9

Inspired by "Stigma - V of BTS"

It was a very dark night, about nine o'clock, and deserted seeming. A young (h/c) lady sat on a rock, watching over her city with sharp eyes. Her people were late, and it made her mad. Quickly, she punched in a number and brought her phone to her ear with a sigh.

"Where are you?" She mumbled, foot tapping the dusty floor.

"I'm nearly there." The other person replied, the sound of a roaring engine echoing through the phone. With that, she ended the call and placed the mobile back in her pocket, catching onto the headlights that came towards her; he was finally here.

The man parked his car behind a tree before getting out with two other people and strolling towards her, their faces were hidden by the darkness of the evening.

"About time," The lady on the rock commented, standing up to hug the figures.

"Big head wanted a MacDonalds." One of the girls that had gotten out of the car commented with a sigh.

"Hey! Don't call me that, pissface" The man spoke. He was the same person on the phone.

"Max, Clio, please." the lady from before interrupted, walking over to the other girl who passed her a cloak.

"Shut up (y/n), you always argue." Max cried, also taking a cloak.

"Max, (y/n) never argues." The woman with the cloaks, Layla, commented. Max huffed, throwing on his cloak and joining (y/n) by the rock.

She had a kind of brutal honesty that tested most friendships, but Max appreciated it. He always knew where he stood with (y/n). And she was generous to a fault, both with her time and her possessions. He got the feeling that she had few friends and so her loyalty to those who stuck with her was fierce. Some friends are for a reason, some are for a season and some are for life. She was for life. He loved her.

You were currently on the couch slumped over on Jimins lap while the rest of the boys sat around you as they watched "IT", a few of the boys flinching whenever the grotesque clown showed up. You liked horror movies and found it hilarious when the toughest of the gang, RM, shrieked out loud. The group had declared a "Movie Night", even though Suga and Jungkook where against the idea they stayed long enough to see you finally enjoy yourself, and Jungkook finally allowed himself to be near you. With Jungkook by your feet, Jimin got up to change into something more comfortable, leaving you with the maknae. He rubbed his neck and turned to you, eyes downcast.

"I'm sorry about Max," He finally mumbled, avoiding your gaze.

You smiled a little bit and pulled him into a hug. His body tensed, but he melted into your caress all the same.

"Don't be sorry, you saved me."

Jungkook smiled.

Everyone had gone to bed, and it was in the early hours of the morning when you heard music coming from the kitchen. Suprised, you climbed out of your bed and slowly tiptoed to the source of the music, to find Jhope with a glass of wine between his fingertips, swaying to a song with a gentle beat (imagine Stigma, but obviously V isn't a famous singer.) On instinct, you hid behind the door to watch his movements. He'd never had a dance class, but he and his mates had jived to music since their early teens, competing in the friendly way boys do to "up" one another.There was never a day that went by without his mother or an aunt taking him by the hands to waltz or boogie around the room. Music was on from first light to last. A creak emitted from down the hall behind you, making you whip your head around quickly, to find nothing. You sighed and turned to watch Jhope dance some more, to find him kneeling in front of you. You shrieked, pushing yourself away from him quickly. He only smiled a little, standing and extending a soft hand to you. you placed your delicate hand in his; he placed his hand on your waist and whisked you onto the kitchen floor and turned and twirled as if you two were professionals. Jhope kept his eyes on yours, studying you.

"Call me Hoseok from now on, but only if we are alone- in fact, call my Jhope until the rest of the boys reveal their names." He whispered.

"Can't you just tell me them?" You asked sheepishly, knowing the answer would be no.

"Korean people have a way about respect, and you can only call people by their names when they trust you enough to let you use it; so no." He scolded teasingly, continuing to sway you to the slow beat. You puffed out your cheeks slightly at his comment, and he placed a finger on your cheek, deflating them. You caught his eyes and locked onto them, feeling his whole hand consume the side of your face, holding it in place. He knew she didn't love him back, not yet, but he couldn't resist. He leaned in a little closer, their foreheads touching. Dear god, he couldn't fight against the thoughts that were going through him. Her very smell was flooding his senses now...

The lights turned off.

"Hoseok, turn your fucking shitty music off its 3 AM in the god damn morning," Suga shouted from his room. His room had the controls to the electrics in the house and thus turned off the kitchen's supply, having no idea you were in there with Jhope.

You felt Jhopes figure slouch as he moved away from you, his figure barely illuminated by the bright lights of Seoul pouring in through the window.

"You should get some rest, goodnight darling." He sang before making his way to bed, leaving you alone in the kitchen.