chapter 10

After Hoseok left, you ended up slumped on the sofa with the rest of his unfished bottle of wine. You were a heavyweight, so you weren't even remotely drunk. It was nearing 5 AM, sunlight filled the sky, pure scattered light; its hue ambitiously illuminating each crevice of the land. Sparrows chirped an explicit background melody over the early rumbling of the cars below. You giggled a little bit, putting the green bottle on the floor before stretching with weak legs, walking to the window to get a better view. You stretched your hands out to the window, "Under the sun we are all the same," you thought, and you let the soft amber glow of the sunrise pour through your fingers and onto your upturned face. The sun itself had barely risen and the city had the subdued quiet of dawn. Only road sweepers and early morning factory workers hurried through the otherwise deserted streets- Everyone of them was too busy to savour the persimmon sky or the rays that radiated from the golden orb as pretty as any fresco.

"(y/n)?" Jungkook stumbled into the living room, still in his night clothes. You turned around to see him rubbing his eyes, shuffling across the floor to were you were standing.

"You're up early." You commented, looking back out the window. Jungkook sat next to you, copying your actions.

"We are always up early- we always wake up in this order; Me, then Jin, then RM, then V, then-"

"I get it," You giggled, leaning your head on the glass pane.

"Sorry," He stretched the back of his neck awkwardly, his dark eyes tracing your legs. You watched him, his eyebrows twitching awkwardly as he looked for something to say.

As Jungkook predicted, Jin walked in not long after he had said so. He looked at you with a smile, before Jungkook shot off into the bathroom.

"What a strange boy," Jin huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. You gazed at the bathroom door a little longer before facing Jin again.

"Would you like some breakfast?" He grinned, shuffling over to the kitchen.

"Sure," You mumbled, following the tall man.

He began to fry up what seemed to be a cheese omelette, placing it on a small plate and giving it to you. You smiled and sat down the table with a fork in hand- but Jin had a better idea.

"Would you like to eat it in my room? Its much warmer in there, and I need to work on some stuff but want some company." He leant on the counter, his hair uncombed and his PJs still on. You took a bite of the breakfast Jin had made before nodding, making your way to his quarters. He opened his door, allowing you in first and closing it behind him. Jin's room really was warm- and it felt great. He sat at his desk, multiple recipes speckled its surface like it was some sort of homework. You sat on the floor, food in your lap. Jin knew you hadn't slept that night, and he had his heart set on lulling you into sleep with him- because he hadn't slept either. In fact, he was awake when you and Jhope had you little encounter and had to physically restrain himself from barging in to stop the whole parade but Suga did it for him. While cooking, Jin had sprinkled a little bit of harmless sleep-inducing meds into your breakfast, because he didn't want to see you tired during the day. He turned back to his desk while he let you eat your food, his face unmoved.

"How come you were awake so early?" Jin asked innocently, scribbling down some notes while you wolfed down your food.

"I didn't sleep." You mumbled between bites, face full of food.

"You must be tired." He shifted his position slightly to see if you had any side effects of his food.

"Yeah, I am a little bit..." You yawned, placing the half-eaten omelette on the floor and getting up "I'm gonna go to bed."

"You can sleep in here if you want," Jin suggested, holding his hand out as he could see you were struggling to walk.

You had no idea what came over you. You can feel the tiredness inside you like a worm, slowly but deliberately draining your life. you're alive, but you're not really living. you hear, but you're not really listening. Everything seems to move at a dragged pace, all submerged into a hazy fuzz that is your vision.

"Sure," You yawn again, making a b-line for Jin's bed before collapsing into it. He giggled and did the same, pulling you into a cosy cuddle that you gave into, wrapping your hand around his waist.

A few hours later, a knock rung thought Jin's room but fell on deaf ears.

"Jin," Jhope said, knocking again.

"Seokjin, open to door." RM, who stood behind Jhope added.

"Jin, have you seen (y/n)? We need her for-" Jhope opened the room, and felt his chest tighten for a minute when he saw you under the blanket with his hyung, both sleeping gently.

"Oh," Jhope and RM said in unison, clearly displeased with the scene.

RM's jaw clenched, He felt this primal sense of ownership over you. Why was you in a bed with Jin and not him? He physically growled and slammed the door shut, marching into his office and locking the heavy wood door behind him.