Chapter 6

Lauren's POV

"Good morning, Lauren." Miss Lovato said with a smile as I walked into her office for my daily therapy.

"Good m-morning." I said, sending her a shy smile. My stutter was getting better, but it was still noticeable.

"Take a seat, please. Don't be shy, Lauren, you've known me for at least a year and a half. I'm more of a friend than a teacher." She sat on the edge of her desk and motioned to the chair in front of her.

After I sat down, I looked up at her. "Miss L-Lovato, I think I m-might be p-pregnant." I said softly, I told her things that I didn't dare bring up at home.

Miss Lovato furrowed her brows as she scanned my face for any signs that I was playing a joke on her. I wasn't, I was completely serious. "What do you mean, Lauren?" She asked.

"I-I lost my v-virginity to Camila Cabello, a-and the second t-time we forgot a c-condom. Now I'm l-late and I've been throwing u-up." I managed to get out, tears filling my eyes.

Miss Lovato's eyes widened when I said Camila's name. She got up from her desk and walked over to a cabinet. She pulled it open and rummaged around for something before bringing it out and closing the cabinet. She came back over to me and handed me a pregnancy test.

"Do what the instructions tell you and once your don't come straight back here, don't look at it, just bring it straight back." She said softly.

"O-okay." I said, grabbing the test and standing up.

I was thankful that everyone else was in class, as I made my way quickly to the girl's bathroom. I walked inside, holding the pregnancy test box tightly. I slipped into one of the small cubicles and dropped my bag on the floor, before opening the box and pulling out the instructions. I looked at them.
All I had to do was pee on the part of the stick that was purple and wait five minutes to find out if I was pregnant.
I pulled down my skinny jeans and sat on the toilet doing exactly what the instructions told me to do and then pulling up my jeans again. I picked up my bag and left the cubicle. I washed my hands before leaving the toilet with the pregnancy test in hand. I walked back into Miss Lovato's office.
Miss Lovato was sitting behind her desk with her phone held to her ear. She was scribbling stuff down on a piece of paper, she looked a little stressed.

"Here." I said softly, laying the test on a paper towel she had laid on the corner of her desk.

She nodded, before motioning for me to be quite. "Yes, yes, I understand that but-" She was cut off by the person on the other end of the line and she rolled her eyes.

"Alejandro, this won't be like last time." She said into the phone.
Why did that name sound familiar?

"Yes, yes, I know what happened three years ago." Sighing she ran a hand through her hair. "No, we are just waiting on the results."

My eyes widened. She was talking about me with some guy.

"Alejandro-" Miss Lovato was cut off again. She sighed in frustration. "Sir-" Again, she was cut off.

"Dammit Ale, she isn't like that other girl, no she's more than stable." She growled out, her eyes flashing up to mine. "I need to go, yes, she's back."
She hung up and dropped the phone onto the table, keeping her hands up at her face. She ran them through her hair. "God! I hate men!" She mumbled to herself. She sighed before looking up at me and meeting my eyes. "I'm sorry about that, Lauren." She said softly.

"W-who was that?" I asked, fear spiking into my chest.

"Em, that was no one." She lied. I could see right through her. I had a sixth sense for lying. I'd been lied to practically my whole life.