Chapter 28 Part 2

Camila's POV

It's been a week since Lauren didn't answer my question, and I'm beginning to wonder what I did wrong.

"Mila, you okay?" Ally asked, placing her hand on mine.

That's when I noticed, I had been stabbing my pasta with my fork. Everyone was over at the house today, it was our annual eat in and watch movies night. Everyone was here, and to be honest I wanted to just disappear.

"I'm fine." I mumbled, standing up and walking off into my room, shutting the door a little harder than I meant. I leaned against the door, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, willing myself not to cry.

"Mila?" I heard a voice from the other side of the door. "Do you want to talk?"

I took a deep breath and opened the door, everyone was watching as I grabbed Normani's arm and pulled her into the room, shutting the door quickly. "I feel so fucking stupid." I whispered as tears began to stream down my cheeks.

Normani immediately pulled me into a hug. "You are not stupid, Camila. Why would you say something like that?" She rubbed my back softly.

"I asked her to marry me, and she didn't answer, and now she won't speak to me." I sobbed out, burying my face in her neck.

"She's probably just trying to figure things out in her head. She's scared, Mila. She's scared of what her family will think. She's scared of you leaving her because she can't give you what you want. She's scared that she'll never be the wife you deserve." Normani said softly,

I pulled away from her and ran my hands through my hair. "I asked her parents, this is the third time I've asked her, the first two she said yes, and then this time it's a no." Closing my eyes, I took a slow deep breath. "She is more than the wife I deserve, in fact, I don't deserve her, she deserves everything that I can't give her."

"She didn't say no. It's not her parents she's scared of. It's her great grandparents. She's already been shunned by her great grandmother for just being gay, she's scared they'll cut her off completely." Normani sighed.

Making my way over to the bed, I sit down and put my head in my hands. "She doesn't need her great grandparents if they can't accept her." I whispered before standing up and rushing into the bathroom. I began rummaging through the medicine cabinet, trying to find my pills, I needed them now more than anything.

"Mila, she loves her great grandparents. They are her life, like Quinn is yours. She doesn't know what she'll do if she doesn't have them." Normani said softly, she placed her hand on my arm.

I pulled out of her reach and moved over to the bathroom closet, searching for my pills there and groaning when I can't find them.

"Mila, what are you looking for?" Normani asked looking over my shoulder and into the closet.

My shoulders slumped and I turned to face her. "I can't find my pills, I need them."

"They are right there." Normani said, pointing to a little white bottle on the bottom shelf. "I think you need your eyes tested." She muttered.

I grabbed the bottle and read the label, "No, these aren't mine." I mumbled, reading the label. "Pregnancy vitamins? I think Lauren was taking these when she was pregnant with Kinsley."

"They will be out of date then, give then to me and I'll throw them out." Normani said, taking them out of my hands. "Is that them on the top shelf?"

I hand her the pills and she reads the label before putting them in her pocket. "Why'd you do that?" I asked while reaching for the pills on the top shelf.