Chapter 18

Camila's POV

I locked the door to my room after seeing the pain in Lauren's eyes, pain that I caused. Tears were streaming down my face. I fell onto my side of the bed, curling up into a small ball and crying into my knees. Why did Lucy have to kiss me? Why did couldn't she just let me be happy? I couldn't stand the look on Lauren's face, and I had a feeling she didn't trust me.
I gripped the sheets in my fists, holding them close to my face. I cried into the sheets. I could smell Lauren's vanilla shampoo on the sheets.

A knock on the bedroom door made me gasp for air.

"Leave me alone!" I sobbed out.
There was a louder knock on the door.
"I said leave me alone!"

"Mila, it's Liam, let me in." I heard him call through the door.

I sighed. He'd know how to help me. I got up off the bed and moved to the door, unlocking it and then moving back to the bed as he opened the door.

"Hey," He said softly, pushing the door open and closing it behind him. Moving over to the bed he pulled me into his arms and laid beside me. "She's not upset with you, she's upset with Lucy." He whispered in my ear.

"Really? It seems like she doesn't trust me." I mumbled.

"Mila, you know better than anyone that Lauren doesn't trust easily. Her PTSD keeps her from trusting people the way she used to, but she's put every ounce of trust she has in you and if she didn't trust you, she wouldn't be sitting out there yelling at her best friend." He said softly. "She'd have left." He whispered softly.

I took a deep breath before sitting up and looking at him. "Send Lauren here?" I asked softly.

"Sure." He said, getting up off the bed and walking out of the room.

A few minutes later, Lauren appeared in the door. "Camz." She whispered. Her voice was raw from yelling at Lucy.

Standing up, I walked over to her and pulled her up into my arms. Pushing the chair out of the room and shutting the door. "I'm sorry." I whispered as I leaned her against the now closed door.

"Camz. It's okay. I trust you." She whispered. She sounded like she was going to start losing her voice.

Leaning forward, I brought her into a slow yet passionate kiss, my hands slipping to her thighs to lift her up higher. She brought her arms up and wrapped them around my neck to help me hold her up, although I didn't need the help. She was still really light, roughly 41 kilograms. She was slowly putting on weight again, but I know that at least 2 kilograms was the weight of the baby growing inside her stomach.

"I love you." I breathed out against her lips before kissing her once more. Turning around, I walk to the bed and lay her down in the middle without breaking the kiss. Rolling us onto our sides, so I'm not crushing her or the baby, our lips moving together in sync.

"Camz." She breathed out into the kiss.

I pulled out of the kiss, looking at her with a worried expression.

"We have to back into the living room, if Zayn finds us like this, he's going to kill you." She rasped, looking at me shyly.

I nodded. I sighed and stood up. She sat up and I took her hand, helping her up onto her shaky legs. I wrapped my arm around her waist in case she fell. Every time she took a step, I took one. I wondered if it would always be like this. I knew she'd never walk properly again, she'd alway have a limp. I wondered if she'd always need my help to walk. I shook my head to get the thoughts out as she took another small step.

Eventually we were back in the living room, everyone had watched her walk as soon as we came into view. I helped her sit down on the couch.

"Good job, Laur." Liam smiled at her. "You're really getting the hang of it."