Chapter 10

~~~Still in flashback~~~

Mirajane's Pov: Sitting in the dark watching water dripping, from the ceiling, I soon hear noises coming from the entrance. Bright light, soon enters into the room, blinding me. Once my eyes adjusted to the bright light, I watch as two young girls walk in with chains around their thin wrists.

"Get in there you rotten kids." One of the guards yells shoving the two girls into a cell next to mine. I watch as the guard walks away, out the entrance of this hell hole. Once gone all light disappears.

"Ummm... miss... do you know where we are?" One of the girls asks with a shy voice that could barely be heard.

My head snaps over to the girls. "Hmph a pack dungeon what else." I answer staring back towards the drip from the ceiling.

"Who are you?" The other girl asks with curious eyes.

"Nobody important, I lost my name the day I was shoved into this crappy cell." I whisper annoyed.

"Oh... well my name is Lilly, and my sister here is Lucy." Lilly whispers.

"Mmmm, and why should I know your names you'll be gone soon enough, like all the others. Yet that bastard never gets rid of me." I say coldly. Watching at the corner of my eye, I managed to catch fear in Lucy's eyes, and Lilly pushing her behind her in a protective manner.

"You aren't very kind, I can see why though... your eyes are dull, your clothes reek, are falling apart by the thread. Just how long have you been in this cell?" Lilly asks with curiosity, pity, and fear.

Looking away from the dripping ceiling, I finally face the two. As I stare at the both, I finally whisper, "Years."

"Years? But how is that possible, you were just a child back then... Who would. Why." Lilly asks in great thought.

"Don't worry about it. Just worry about staying alive." I whisper ending the discussion immediately.

Dozing off staring into space, the guards soon come waltzing in. With a bucket of old bread, with their alpha.

"Mira. Oh Mira how lovely you look down here. Where you deserve to be. After you killed your mother, you shall rot in hell for the rest of your life." The alpha rants, his eyes hollow of all emotion.

Glaring up at him, he soon opens my cell. Then he backs up, whispering to the man next to him's ear, soon after that he walks in and starts beating me. I soon black out, after the man shoves my face into the wall multiple times.

Everything is blacker than usual. Why is that? Maybe I got beaten up again, and blacked out. But weird, why do I hear voices? Voices calling my name, tears on my skin, "Hey. Mira. Mira! Please wake up." Finally opening my eyes, I look to find those two girls in my cell. Tears in their eyes, calling my name. That wretched name he gave me.

"I'm fine..." I whisper in a hoarse voice.

"No your not! You were beaten to a pulp and you've been out cold for days!" Lilly slightly yells.

Closing my eyes, sighing deeply. "I'm quite used to it, it happens almost daily. Depends on his mood." I whisper.

"Did you really... kill your mother?" Lucy asks shyly.

"No I didn't." I answer.

"But then why did he blame you?" Lucy asks with curiosity in her eyes.

Looking up towards the ceiling thinking back. "I don't really know... I was still young back then. It all happened so quick. I watched my own mother die, right in front on me. Protecting me from those who wanted to kill me." I whisper sadly, "He probably blamed me cause I was there. And she died protecting me, and I look like my mother."

That's so sad..." Lucy whispers.

"Ever since that day, I have been sitting in this cell, I have never left this cell." I whisper.

While giving small chat with Lilly and Lucy, I hear small explosions in the distances. Then alarms start going off all over the place.

"Whats going on?" I ask out loud.

"We're taking down this pack, since the alpha here is corrupted." Someone says, walking loudly towards us.

"We are the council's dogs. Come with us, the council wants to speak to you three." Another murmurs in the shadows.

~~~End of Flashback~~~

Leader's(Mirajane) Pov: "Hello?? Earth to Leader. Earth to Leader, common!" Crystal grumbles waving her hand in front of my face.

"Huh?" I say refocusing my eyes looking at Crystal.

"You zoned out." Crystal murmurs coldly. "You okay? You have this scared look in your eyes. What did you zone out about?" Crystal adds turning away.

"My past." Is all I whisper, walking past Crystal towards the cave. 

Crystal's Pov: 'Her past? What about her past? And what does she mean maybe someday i'll tell?!?!?'

Once in the cave, we start settling down for the night. Building a little fire for warmth, a place to sleep.

"I'll take first watch." Leader murmurs looking out into the night watching for any signs of danger.

"Okay. Wake me when you start to nod off then." I whisper laying down.

Falling asleep in my book isn't easy... being kept up by screams, voices in my head memories of the past. But tonight, my mind is clear. How. Why. Why now of all times. Right as I am around her my mind feels at ease.

"Crystal. Crystal.... Common wake up. CRYSTAL!" Leader yells in my ear making me jump up with sleepy eyes.

"Huh who, what, when, where uhhhhh." I whisper remembering what happened the last few hours.

Hearing chuckling, I find Leader chuckling at me. "Get up your turn to take watch." She murmurs sleepily.

"Okay." I whisper yawning.

Been stumped the last few weeks, sorry for the very late update. :) Anywho, how'd I do? Thoughts? Ideas? I love to hear others ideas.-Catmaster