Ch 2

卌 Friday, September 20 卌

I woke up to a blaring alarm in my ear. My hand swung around to hit the snooze button. My eyes fluttered open lazily, my mind had yet to turn on. It was my first day of school since being in New York. School had started here a few weeks ago but since we only just got here last week my dad figured why not finish unpacking, we were already behind.

It dawned on me that I had to completely start over, be the bottom. It was the class of 2014 at City View Academy's senior year. They knew each other and City View was not a normal high school. After much consideration, against my own opinion, my dad finally decided to be a parent and pay as much as money can by for the best private school in NY. That meant that every snobby, rich kid in New York with their designer purses and fashion week would be at this school and that just wasn't me. Sure, I grew up in California but my mom made sure we grew up grateful for everything we had. I already had an idea of how this day would go.

I kicked my legs over the side of the bed and walked to the bathroom to shower. Jumping in, I felt all my muscles relax. I hadn't realized how much I had tensed up in stress of the coming hours. Putting on the hideous uniform was definitely a great start: red skorts with grey and white plaid, a white blouse and grey business blazers. I looked like something out of Gossip Girl but much more tacky. The only perk of being here was walking to school and finally being alone.

I approached the building seeing girls with heals and handbags and boys with their blazers slung over their shoulders.  I looked down at my own feet seeing the white converse I had decided to pair up with my uniform.   As confidently as I could, I walked up the stairs into the building dodging the whispers of "look at the new girl" and the boys whistling.  I mean, I knew I wasn't an ugly person.  I have caramel wavy hair and brown eyes.  I was quite ordinary.  Before I started dating Ashton I would have been startled by the attention but because of Ashton I got used to being desired.  It was terrible to say but I didn't care I had Ash.  I wasn't going to pay any attention to them anyway.  

Stuck in my own thoughts of missing my own home and friends, I ran straight into someone.  

"Ouch," the boy with dark brown hair, eyes, and olive skin shouted dropping all his books dramatically.  

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry are you okay?" I bent down picking up his books off the ground.  Hearing a whistle behind me as I did.

"Yeah," the boy laughed looking up at me.  He must have noticed the distressed look on my face as he did because he then said, "Don't worry about them.  They don't get any so when someone new comes they like to pounce."  

I smile at his kindness.  His smile instantly brightens the room and my mood.  His plaid tie is loosened around his neck and his button down shows a small amount of his chest.  "I knew moving here, I would be a jungle but I didn't expect the puns to come with it."  

He laughs at my own terrible pun.  "I'm Calum.  Welcome to the jungle that is City View Academy.  I'll be your safari guide."  He looked over at me.  "Too far?"

"Too far," I laugh.  "I'm Bethany."

"Well Bethany, looks like you just made your first friend."  He said as we walked through the halls.  

"Well that was easier than I thought it would be.  Now I have someone to use for their prior knowledge," we laugh as I handed Calum my schedule.  

"Well it looks like you have English with me first period and Chem Lab with me on Monday," We walk and talk as he leads me to my locker.  I tell him about my move and Ashton and he told me about his ex-girlfriend problems.  I liked Calum.  He was sweet, funny, and seemed like a loyal person.  As we talked at my locker before first period, I felt like I was being watched.  My eyes searched the room for something, anything that could be possibly suspicious but there wasn't.  After turning three or four more searches, I finally found him.  

A tall boy with blonde hair pushed up messily.  His eyes were covered with black sunglasses and a lip ring was being twisted between his fingers.  His normal button down, blazer, and tie were paired with tight, black skinny jeans and vans.  I looked back at Calum.  "Who is that and why is he looking at me?"

Calum looked over his shoulder to find the subject of my attention.  "Ah, the man of few words, that's Luke.  He's a real ladies man but doesn't talk to anyone often otherwise."

Shaking my head I turned away from Calum and walked right up to him.  "Can I help you? or is my ass service enough for you?" 

Luke stared back at me, dropping his hand from his lip ring.  With that he smirked and walked away not looking back to even see my reaction.

I walked back to Calum with a disgusted look on my face.  Calum was laughing for reasons unknown.  "Well that was rude.  Why are you laughing?"

Calum smiled, "I wanna take you somewhere tonight.  Don't make plans with all your other friends, alright?"

"Aw man my bed is going to be so disappointed," I laughed as we walked to English.

====================

 HEY GUYS

So I'm not really sure if anyone is even interested in this right now but if youre still reading please leave comments! Things you like things you dont! I'll take the critism.  It means a lot that I make this to your liking even though I do enjoy writing it for my own enjoyment.  

Love ya,

Megan