Ch 5

卌 Monday, September 23 卌

My heart raced from the alarm going of in my ear yet again signaling time for another day of hell at this so called place of learning. It was only my second day so hopefully it would be better than my first.

The rest of the weekend went as planned: sitting in my room texting Ashton and the occasional text from Calum. Even with that, I felt entirely alone. My heart ached for someone that understood...someone that I could talk to and knew we had a connection through it. Ashton was great. I had opened up to him more than I ever thought I would. I think it was because he found me at my lowest point. When my world was turned upside down because of my mother. But even he can't fully be there for me because I can't open myself up to him entirely. Even he doesn't know how it happened. No one knew outside my immediate family and Rita. My heart crumbled every time I thought about it. No one talks about it. It's like an unsaid rule that no one ever talks about it. I was fine with it. I didn't want to remember.

But at the same time I felt my heart flip thinking about finally letting go of all the anger, frustration and sadness. Telling someone. But I still knew that it wouldn't be anyone I knew now.

===================

Like I said, my weekend was a bust. I didn't want to see anyone. There wasn't anyone worth seeing here. The only person I saw was Stefan. He would bring me up dinner and we'd watch tv in my room. It's not like my dad was there for him.

When I got to school, I was greeted by Calum standing by my locker. His smile radiated through the entire hallway. A smile instantly crept onto my lips upon seeing him even through my shitty weekend.

"Hey Beth," his cheekbones pratically hit his eyes.

"Hey," I said as cheerfully as I could. I had only been here one day and had yet to even care to memorize my schedule.

"We have chem lab," Calum chimed in as if reading my mind.

"Right."

I stayed silent as we walked to class. Calum talked about his weekend after I saw him on Friday. I was mostly stuck in my own thoughts though. I was pulled from them when I heard him say, "we have to go again."

"What?" I said startled. I spun around towards Calum losing my own footing as we walked into the door of the classroom. My books were thrown to my feet and I braced myself for the fall. Instead I felt the grasp of muscular arms catch my waist. The muscles tightened around me as I landed. I stared up into an ocean of blue. They were clear and it caused, for a moment, a second of clarity. I felt my mouth close because I knew it was open. My eyes searched the rest of the face as I was pulled back to my feet by a hand I asummed was Calum's. I looked into the eyes of Luke Hemmings. The same criminal-like smirk played on his plump lips. My body instantly became alert again and I turned back to Calum without a word to my savior.

"Are you okay?" Calum handed me my books.

"Yeah. Whatever. I'm fine. What did you say?" I frantically tried to set my mind straight after being thrown or better yet tripped off course.

"I was saying that there's another race this week. I don't know why you don't like them but you have to come with me," his deep brown puppy eyes stabbed my soul.

"I dont know, Calum," he didn't understand. As soon as the words escaped my mouth a man I assumed was the teacher walked into the classroom.

"Students take your seats, please."

Calum patted me on the shoulder as he walked over to his lab table. I knew this converstion wasn't over. I tried to follow him back before I heard the teacher call my name.