Ch 7

卌 Tuesday, September 24

I didn't know how tonight was going to go. I was not excited but Calum needed me there for him tonight. No matter what happened, I was going to tell Luke off. I was not scared of this guy. I didn't deserve what he did to me.

So, I put on a pair of leggings and one of Ashton's old oversized flannels with a pair of boots and went downstairs to wait for Calum. Five minutes later, I heard the door to my apartment swing open and the screaming of my name.

"Holy shit Beth! Beth, I am not prepared for this! What the fuck am I supposed to say?"

I popped from around the corner and a wide eyed Calum stood with a disheveled outfit. His black and white boyfriend t-shirt was half tucked in and his vans were untied. A beanie sat on top of his head with a tag sticking out. "What did you do to yourself?" I laughed as his face twisted and looked down at his own appearance.

I walked over to him and untucked his shirt and tucked the tag into the beanie fixing it on the top of his head. "Now tie your shoes and get your shit together," I said sternly but still laughed.

He bent down slowly and tied them. When he rose, he looked as if he was about to be sick. "I dont know if I can do this."

"Calum she's just a girl. You can talk to me fine."

His face squinted together, "but you're just you."

"Sorry my presence isn't girl enough for you," I said slightly offended but knowing he was just nervous about tonight.

He sighed. "I'm sorry. I just.. I think she could be something to me. I don't wanna screw it up." He rubbed the back of his neck with his hand.

"Aw Cal. Any girl would be insane not to like you." I said meaning it. Calum was the nicest guys I knew. He was easy to talk to and very attractive with his tan skin and big brown eyes if I did say so myself. Tristin would be lucky to have him.

"Thanks Beth." He pulled me in for a tight hug. As we pulled apart, a small smile tugged at his lips finally. Yup, Calum was back.

"Alright. Let's go so we can get this over with." I grabbed my purse and headed for the door.

Calum followed closely behind me. "Are you ever going to tell me why you hate this stuff so much?"

I stopped in my tracks trying to find the words to say that would make sense. "I-I just think it's dangerous."

"Yeah, okay." Calum stated sarcastically, obviously seeing straight through my lie. It wasn't really a lie. It was dangerous. It just wasn't the reason I hated it. Calum let it go though and we made our way to the subway once again.

When we finally got there the crowed was just starting to form. The cars were already lined up and ready to get their engines started. The black car with red detail stuck out of the line of contraptions like a fish out of water. My eyes searched for the driver but he wasn't with the others. I saw Michael standing with a group of guys. He and two others, I'm guessing the other drivers, were in normal clothes. The weird part was the men in suits standing directly across from them. Their formal attire at this high school event was definitely not expected. They weren't anywhere around our age either. The youngest was around 40 years old and the oldest had to be in his late 60's.

They shook Michael and the rest of the guys hands. Then Michael pointed to the other side of the quarry where a lone Luke sat. They started to make their way over to him. I was about to do the same so I could overhear what they were saying when my name was called.

"Bethany. There she is!" he shrieked just a bit. He realized what he had just done and collected himself.

"Calum let's act like a man just for a second please," I teased. He rolled his eyes and pushed his beanie further on his head.