Making my way

The carriage wheels creaked, slowing down, as the horse feet thundered down the flagstones. Where am I, you may ask. Well, the royal Palace Of The Greater Kingdom Avalon of course . And no, there is no lesser kingdom.

As I stepped out of the palace and was led by the maids towards a salon, I shook my head at the prospect of what I had probably got myself into, all for that darned sword that was anyways mine!

I stepped in and the maids left, closing the salon doors behind themselves. A tall, aged man standing by the window with his back towards me.

Then his voice boomed,"So you are here, Williams. I hope you can recollect what for, though."

Intimidating? Not in the slightest.

"Hey Uncle J. You couldn't scare me as a kid, you seriously think I will be scared of you now?"

"You are his daughter, of course you wouldn't be scared. But you know, you have to call me your Majesty in public Kiddo."

"Yeah yeah", I said pouting.

He turned, his face brightening up when he saw me.

"Sasha, you look so grown up!"

"I am one year younger than your own daughter and she is having her first season out. Of course I am grown up. Twenty, to be exact."

"Next year will be your season!"

"As if I will come back to this fluffy torture again, that too for participation! Next year, I will be the one overseeing the protection of the entire season, not just Princess Minali"

"Of course ! And then, you have to remain unmarried till next year participate in the season.", he murmured under his breath, his grin widening. 

I raised my eyebrows, but decided against questioning.

"I'll be in Mina's suite. I just dropped in to say hi. According to her I am a distant cousin, right?"

"According to my son, the crown Prince and Mina's twin, Edward too."

I frowned.

"Under the Queen's orders. The highest post in the kingdom is my wife's after all. I am only the King" he shrugged.

I chortled, backing out of the salon and making my way to who knows what kind of hell.