Weaponry

As reached the door, I pressed on the button that father had said would open an eyehole in the service door, one that helped servants make sure it would be proper for them to enter

As reached the door, I pressed on the button that father had said would open an eyehole in the service door, one that helped servants make sure it would be proper for them to enter. Smart move, Mr. Castle designer.

I peeped in and saw that the only presence was that of Uncle J. I creaked the door open and he looked up, and on sighting me, his countenance contorted into a look of bewildered horror. He sent a quick glance towards the corner of the room that wasn't visible through the peep hole.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the crown Prince Edward absorbing my presence and I dipped into a low curtsey.

"Your Majesty.......... and your Highness"

The hot brat raised an eyebrow and threw a flirtatious grin my way, saying "Lady Winters! Pleasure to meet you.And Edward, if you please.  You were the talk of the palace this entire week. Although I must say I hardly anticipated your arrival through a service door.", he said, grinning mischievously.

"I hardly think I was the talk of the palace while the biggest Season of the generation approaches, Prince." I said, throwing him a bored expression turning to the king who was watching us with amusement sparkling in his eyes. Now his comment made sense. Of course he and aunt Isabella, aka the Queen, were shipping me with the brute.

Clearing my throat, I began, " Mina asked me to deliver a message to you, your majesty......in private."

" Are you kicking me out Sasha?"

"Maybe I am, Prince. And Lady Winters, if you please."

"I don't, Sasha" he said , grinning like an idiot (which he is , by the way, although a handsome and intelligent one) and backing out of the Weaponry. Funny, I thought he had argue a bit atleast.

"Sasha. Come here to collect your 'stuff' I believe..." King Jarrod blabbered while I slowly approached the door of the weaponry and pulled it open, making the prince, who was obviously listening from the other side, stumble inside. The idiot.

"I suggest you leave, Prince." I said, smirking.

"Hmph", he said, rushing out.

I saw his back out of the corridor, then whistling gently, I Reached the dead wall of the room tapping a few bricks till I got the correct one, latching the door disguised as wall open.

"The brute! He never told me , but he tells you, a twenty year old tot? He is supposed to be MY best friend", said Uncle Jarrod, pouting. You see where the maturity issues come in the Prince from?

"Relax Uncle. I am his daughter after all. And I am the one who is going to take his place in your court."

" In Ed's court. The kid seems pretty smitten with you eh?"

I rolled my eyes. " In the name of all the Gods overlooking Avalon, do not ship me with your son. You and I both know this is not happening."

"Yeah sure," he said sarcastically ," now get ready for the ball. You have hardly half of an hour left. "

Shaking my heady in disapproval, I went back through the service doors, making my way to Mina's suite.