His eyes

《A/N  Was going to update tomorrow, but you guys are simply amazing. Had a rather shitty sleepy  day (@trishala2003 you know it), but you guys made it so much better with your votes and stuff!  So keep reading, keep voting,  keep commenting. Love you all. This chapter is dedicated to you, all of you. Pls forgive grammatical errors, I will correct them as soon as possible 》

The next morning, I dressed up and decided to head to the gardens. I wanted to tell Edward all about what I had heard last night. I couldn't tell Uncle J. No one knew, but Uncle J had limited time. His health was failing and one wrong move, a bit of trauma, and we would lose him.

Wandering in the beautiful gardens attached to the royal quarters,  I came across a book kept on a stone bench

Wandering in the beautiful gardens attached to the royal quarters,  I came across a book kept on a stone bench. It read "Weapon weilding in paper by Sir Sam Matthews, black knight of Avalon".

I had read this book multiple times in my fathers library. This was a particularly rare book. But I had it almost by heart and was being able to say the lines out loud without even glancing at it, when this activity of mine was interrupted.

"Weapon wielding? You really never cease to surprise me."

"Prince", I said, getting up.

"Sasha! Edward please. Sometimes I think you do it only to get on my nerves" 

"Maybe I do," I said, a smile spreading across my face.

"Your smile is so  beautiful. You should smile often, you know."

"Thank you, but I don't think your betrothed will be very happy if she finds you complimenting me, you know"

"Betrothed?"

"Your bride to be. I assumed a betrothal must have taken place as your affections still waver."

"My parents betroth me? I believe if something of this sort would have taken place , it would have been with you since they haven't shut up about you since you came. It was always Sasha this and Sasha that "

"But you said you knew who your bride to be is"

"I said that because........ because I know this is soon, but every passing moment that I spend with you,  I like what I see and hear even more Sash. And I think... I think I am falling for you "

"Edward!" I gasped,looking away.

"I know you feel the same Sash. Look into my eyes and say you don't."

I turned, afraid that looking into his eyes would dig to the deepest recesses of my soul.

But when I saw his eyes, only their emerald hue struck me, and smirking, I whispered, my words audible only to him," You were at the bar last night"