Princess Minali

I walked into the fourth suite in the Royal quarters, crossing my fingers, hoping this was the Princess' suite. They needed to make a darned map man!

As I stepped in, the pinkness of the room gave away whom it belonged to. Sitting propped up on the couch of the sitting room was the most beautiful lady that I had ever seen, (if you disregard that her mum and my mum existed).

At the creak of the door (at least they didn't oil it. intruders don't stand a chance at stealth), she looked up and her countenance split into a full blown grin. 

"Lady Sasha Winters! A pleasure to meet you. I was under the impression my entire life that I didn't have a single cousin!" Winters? A kind of stupid move. If the Prince was half as wise as I had heard he was, I wouldn't last three weeks without my identity as Williams becoming known to him.

It tumbled out before I could help it. IT wasn't my fault, really. He had the reputation of an immature prankster. "And that you had none but your so called Prince Charming troublesome goon of a brother?"

Her grin widened, if that was even possible"Something tells me that I am going to absolutely adore you."

"If that is your response, then I already do." I said, smiling at the blondie. "What are you wearing at the debut ball?"

"A beautiful Purple and Royal blue gown, with jewels. We have to make my identity obvious."

"Alright, lets get you decked up. I am your only lady, I presume?"

"Yes very much." 

"Hmm, so, how is it that I never knew you existed?" she said, heading towards the chair placed before the dressing table.

"Ah, well, I am related to you through my father. He died just before my birth. I live with my mother. She loves travelling so we are always at the corners of the world." The lies spewed out easily.

Two hours of efforts after:

"Beautiful" , she said, gazing at the mirror

"What are you wearing?"

"It is not my ball, your highness."

"Mina. Call me Mina. That's what friends call me. At least you will, since you are my first one." she said sheepishly. Oh boy, didn't I know how lonely noble life could get!

"Then drop the Lady Winters nonsense. How will I tell my kids that my first friend addresses me that way? " I say, jokingly.

"Sure. Again, what are you wearing?"

 "Oh, I will just grab something from my trunk . It isn't my debut ball."

"Doesn't mean you should pass up an opportunity to dress up! Oh, I have to go see mother. I will meet you in an hour in my sitting room"

"Sure."

As the door shut, I dismissed the maids and headed to the service doors, retrieving the map of service passages father had given me. Hmm, where was the weaponry again?