Chapter 4:

Sky's POV:

Jewel and I smirked at each other as we watched four different trucks, pulling four different horse trailers, pull into the driveway and park near the barn.

We were sitting on the family paddock fence, both wearing TuffRider low rise pull on breeches, the only difference being that mine were black and Jewels were white. I had on a navy stripe Goode Rider Ideal Tank and Jewel was wearing a white CoolBlast Riding Sport shirt, which was tucked into her breeches and we both wore our newest (and most expensive) pairs of boots, mine my Ariat Volant tall boots and Jewels Sergio Grasso Michel Robert tall boots. Our helmets were hanging on the fence posts beside us. Onyx was sniffing my hair and Shadow was resting his chin on the top of the fence, Jewels arm resting over his neck. Almost all the horses outside in the different paddocks were watching the new horses being unloaded and brought to the boarders barn.

The girls we had ' researched ' last night stood beside their individual stables trailers, talking to what must've been their coaches and parents. I saw mom and dad make their way over to each of the girls and shake their hand, welcoming them to the stable.

I covered a yawn with my hand and looked up at Onyx, who seemed more interested in me than the newbies.

" Okay, left to right, Caitlyn, Blaire, Marlo and Payton Payton " Jewel reminded me for like, the tenth time since the ' guests ' had rolled up the driveway.

" Okay, from left to right, crazy competitive worry wart, aka, you, and the girl who is much less worried and ready to show these riders who really rules in the around here " I replied, rolling my eyes.

" Well fine then oh great calm one " Jewel mocked, turning and bowing to me on the fence, making us both laugh. " How would you suggest we...make an entrance? " she asked.

I stared up at the clear blue sky, trying to think. My view was suddenly blocked by Onyx's chin. I smiled as I reached up and tickled his chin whiskers, an idea suddenly popping into my head.

I straightened myself, grabbing my helmet and climbing over the fence, onto Onyx's back. I could feel Jewels eyes on me, most likely with confusion. I buckled my helmet as I looked down at her from Onyx's back.

" I'm going to do what I do best...intimidate them with my skills... " I replied, grabbing a chunk of Onyx's mane, circling him away from the fence. I let his muscles stretch at the walk, trot and canter before pointing him at the paddock fence. Jewel had hopped on Shadow and moved out of the way just as Onyx pushed off the ground and propelled over the fence. From my two point position, I could see the new girls, their parents and coaches (not to mention our own parents) all watching as Onyx jumped the 5 foot fence and landed cleanly on the other grassy side. I slowed him to a walk once we reached the part where the grass turned to driveway and looked back.

Jewel and Shadow were in mid air, seeming suspended over the fence for a few seconds longer than normal, before Shadows hooves landed on the grass, on the exact same spot Onyx had landed only seconds earlier. Shadow cantered away from the fence until he reached Onyx, then Jewel slowed him to a walk and we made our way over to where our parents stood beside Caitlyn.

Jewel leaned over slightly. " Bareback, bridle-less and jumping a 5 foot paddock fence, now that's what I call an entrance " she whispered to me.

I smirked as we high-fived and halted our horses in front of mom and dad.

Mom cleared her throat as she looked back over at what I was assuming was Caitlyn's parents. " Yes...as I was saying, these are our daughters, Jewel and Skylar, and their horses, Shadow and Onyx " she introduced.

" Ah! I've been looking forward to meeting the famous foal Shadow of the Night " A tall woman with jet black hair and piercing green eyes spoke as she took a step towards Jewel and Shadow. Shadow of the Night was Shadows show name. Most people were interested in Shadow rather than Onyx due to Shadows amazing bloodlines, not that I cared, I would much rather people be interested in Jewels horse than my horse because as far as I was concerned, Onyx was a one girl horse, and that one girl was me.