Chapter 27:

Sky's POV:

As mom and dad took the small stage that had been set up in the left side open field to announce which team won, Blaire, Jewel, Payton, Caitlyn, Marlo and I were huddled together, fingers crossed. A few J.O.P.S grooms were holding our horses behind us, ready for us to mount in case we won. Laura, our head groom, was walking Onyx around in circles to keep him calm, while another groom did the same with Marco. I was praying that my win in the puissance, combined with the others all winning their bonus classes was enough to pull us up from our 5th place spot.

Mom looked so pretty in a Victoria Beckham Décolleté Sheath Dress with Prada Patent Leather Pumps, while dad tugged at the collar of his Givenchy Birdseye Two-Button Suit. I chuckled to myself. Over the summer, hanging around Payton and Caitlyn had helped me memorize the non equestrian brands of clothes that I couldn't before.

Mom held an envelope with golden trimming in her hands. Sometimes I wished they wouldn't make the awards ceremony so fancy, but it always made the winners feel special.

And right now, I hoped we would get to be the special ones.

" Ladies and gentlemen " Mom spoke into the microphone.

A few horses, including Onyx and Shadow, whinnied. Onyx and Shadow knew moms voice right away.

" And horses " Dad added, making everyone laugh.

" The final scores have been added and we have our winning team... "

This was it.

Mom ripped open the envelope.

This is what we trained for.

She pulled out the piece of paper.

This is what we spent our whole summer waiting for.

" And the winning team is... "

I wanted this, not just for me, but for my team. We had really pulled together to become the team J.O.P.S wanted.

The team J.O.P.S needed.

It wasn't just Jewel and I anymore, it was the J.O.P.S team.

Our team.

And before I may have hated it.

But now?

I loved it!

And I didn't want it to end.

Or to be any different next summer.

" And the winning team is...J.O.P. Stable! "

Had I just heard that right?

We all glanced around at each other, then moved out of our huddle and saw everyone else staring at us.

Thats when we started screaming!

And jumping around.

And hugging each other.

Followed by even more screaming.

We did it!

We won!

For the first time ever we won!

We won the Summer Finale!

WE WON!

We were acting as if we were five, jumping up and down and squealing before rushing to our horses, hugging them and mounting. I kissed Onyx's muzzle, feeling tears run down my face. He really pulled through for me and I promised him in the woods that everything was going to be different.

And I was keeping that promise.

I mounted and together we walked our horses to the stage, halting them in front of it.

A few volunteers were holding a set of things in their arms for each of us, which included a trophy, ribbon, championship dress sheet that we had to put on our horses for our victory lap, a hash for us to wear and a wreath of flowers to wrap around the horses necks.

We all dismounted and shook Mom and Dads hands, trying to be a professional, but we were smiling like idiots with tears falling down our faces. The volunteers covered our horses in the dress sheets, just their saddles and stirrups peeking out as we pinned the giant ribbons to their bridles and put on our own championship sashes, holding our trophies in our free hands. We remounted and cantered around the crowd, Jewel and Shadow leading, then it was Marlo and Marco, Onyx and I, Blaire and Flicka, Payton and Jazz, and Caitlyn and Jackson were bringing up the rear. As we passed by the B.C team, I shot them a smirk. Harper had her arms crossed, her face red. She had been so sure her team was going to win.

I guess it goes to show you should never underestimate J.O.P Stables!

Not with this team representing it!

Onyx felt relaxed and happy underneath me, an extra spring in his stride. I loosened the reins and he shook his head, sending his mane flying, but he kept his head up, ears perked forward.

It was officially the greatest day of my life.

We had done it.

We won ad had kept up our family name!