Chapter 8:

Sky's POV:

I couldn't stop smiling as I rode Onyx back to the barn. After Andréa and I went onto the course that Marlo girl just tagged along. Andréa encouraged her to come and I had the best time competing against her. She actually wasn't all that bad and her horse, Marco was a speeding bullet. He may have even been faster than Onyx...may have.

But she was still competition, especially if she was going into advanced cross country with me for the Finale.

Onyx ambled down the small incline path separating the dirt and grass mixture of J.O.P.S barn and arena side from the trail and cross country side.

I suddenly heard someone laughing-actually, it sounded like 2 people. I turned my head to the direction it was coming from and my eyes widened and I had to force my jaw not to drop.

Jewel was in on of the dressage arenas, riding Blaire's horse! And if that wasn't shocking enough, Blaire was right beside her, on Shadow!

This couldn't be happening!

Jewel and I had made a pact! And now she was actually becoming friends with one of the new girls!?

What was she thinking? This was just pure betrayal! these girls were competitions regardless if we were on the same team or not! Did she not care about placing at the Finale? Scouts from all over the country and even some from Europe were coming. Some Scouts represented the best riding academies across the world while other represented world class riding teams that could get her to the Olympics! Her one true dream!

She needed to focus and train, not make friends with the enemies!

Jewel looked over and her eyes locked with mine. I knew what my face must look like, a mixture of sadness, confusion and (mostly) anger.

I heeled Onyx forward and he bursted into a trot towards the trail that led to the open field. I needed to get away from her, from here.

Jewel broke our pact.

She betrayed J.O.P.S

She betrayed me.....

Could I be overreacting? The way I felt said no, this was total betrayal....right?

Of course it was!

I ignored Jewel calling after me and pushed Onyx into a rocky canter.

Looks like it was now only up to me to represent J.O.P.S the way it deserves to be....

And no new girls....or my sister,was going to change the way I felt......