Chapter 16:

Jewel's POV:

" Attention S'il vous plaît "

I stopped in the middle of chatting with Payton. We had been waiting by the barn for our first lesson of the day. Our group was finally an official team and because of that, we had been excelling at all our lessons, not one of us was off the ball this past week and a half. It took a huge amount of stress off my shoulders, now we could all really buckle down and focus on the Finale, which was in...3 days now.

EEK

Turning in Shadows brown Vega Monoflap Event Saddle By Amerigo, I saw Andréa, mounted on Luca, trot up to us. Andréa had the biggest smile on her face as she produced folded papers from the pocket of her hot pink vest, which she had excellently paired with a black long sleeve shirt underneath, smokey pearl Tredstep™ Symphony No. 4 Nero Breeches and brown Ladies' Saxon Equi-Leather™ Lace Paddock Boots with matching brown Grand Prix Stretch Leather Half Chaps.

" What are those Andréa? " Sky asked as she walked Onyx over to her, trying to peer at the papers. Andréa laughed and swatted her away, but Sky managed to grab a paper.

" I hold in my hands... " She said, pausing for dramatic affect, making us all laugh, even Andréa. " ...A letter for Caitlyn? "

Caitlyn tilted her head slightly in confusion as we all watched her ride over to Sky and take the letter. I watched curiously as her eyes scanned the page.

She suddenly smiled. " Yes! Finally! "

" What!? " The rest of us asked in unison.

" It's my schedule for the Summer Finale! " Caitlyn replied.

I wasted no time and trotted Shadow over to Andréa, excitement surging through me as she handed me a paper with my name on it. I moved Shadow over to stand beside Jackson so the others could get their papers and looked at the schedule.

The trot up and vet check first (mandatory for all horses competing)

Intermediate Dressage

ten minute box to check vitals

Advanced Cross-Country

Lunch for me and another break and vet check for Shadow

Advanced Show-Jumping

Ten minute box

And Finally, my bonus event I had signed up for, the obedience test.

I smiled, happy with my choices. I hadn't chosen anything beyond my or Shadows skill level and the bonus event I knew we could do well in.

After giving the others some time to look that their own schedules, we all switched.

Sky had:

Beginner Dressage

Ten Minute box

Advanced Cross-Country

lunch and ten minute box

Intermediate Show-Jumping

Ten minute box

Her bonus event, The Puissance jump

Blaire had:

Intermediate Dressage

Ten minute box

Intermediate Cross-Country

Lunch and ten minute box

Advanced Show-Jumping

ten minute box