Chapter 14:

Jewel's POV:

" Do these boots make my ankles look chunky? "

I rolled my eyes for probably the millionth time as I sat in a chair close to Greenhawks changing rooms, my arms full of things to try on. Payton and Caitlyn had called trying on things first, apparently their show clothes wardrobe need an ' upgrade ', but I didn't believe that was really true. Currently they had both picked out a pair of The Professional Trophy Hunter Low Rise Front Zip Breeches in white for jumping and another pair of Pikeur® Lucinda Grip Full Seat Breeches, also in white, now they were trying on boots and show jackets and Payton was being fussy about how the short boots were looking on her. So far she had blown through 5 pairs and didn't like how any of them looked and her current choice was a pair of Ariat® Performer Pro VX Lace Paddock Boots.

" They look fine, short boots don't hold to the shape of your ankle like tall boots so your ankle will look square either way, but trust me, nobody's going to be looking at your ankles when your jumping, and they'll be covered by your half-chaps anyway " I told her.

She looked at herself in the full length mirror on the back of the changing room door. She paused, pursing her lips, which had a coat of pink lipstick and shiny gloss.

" Okay, I'm getting them " She replied happily and she sat down beside me and started taking the boots off.

I quietly sighed in relief just as Caitlyn emerged, wearing a full Dressage show outfit consisting of the full seat breeches she had chosen, a black Ladies' Pikeur® Dressage Shadbelly show coat with a white Pikeur® Ladies' Competition Shirt underneath and a Ovation® Dry-Tex® Dressage Stock Tie. She had pulled the look together with a pair of Konigs Favorite Dressage Boots.

" Wow...you look so professional " I told her.

Caitlyn glanced at her reflection and smiled. " You really think so? "

Payton walked up behind her, putting a hand on her shoulder. " I think even Charlotte Dujardin would confuse you for competition "

Caitlyn laughed. " Really? Because I think its your Dressage skill that she should watch out for "

Payton shrugged and smiled. " You never know, Jazz and I may be skilled, but we don't hold a candle to your looks "

Wow, I think that may have been the nicest thing Payton had said to anyone since she first got here.

" But of course then that means I'm going to have to order my outfit from Europe and get it here ASAP "

And there it goes. What was that girls problem. She couldn't just say something nice and leave it at that?

Caitlyn rolled her eyes.

" So, I'm guessing your getting that outfit then? " I asked as I got up.

Caitlyn smiled. " Ya...ya I think I am, I just hope Jackson doesn't slobber on the jacket before we have to ride "

We both laughed before she went back into her change room, Payton going to her's.

I turned when I heard more laughter. Sky, Blaire and Marlo were walking over to me, their arms full of clothes and things for their horses.

" Isn't this the cutest thing ever! " Blaire said as she held up a pair of pink Centaur® PVC Jelly Glitter Bell Boots. " Pink is totally Flicka's colour! "

" Thats so cute! " I replied. " I wish we were allowed to wear colourful tack instead of just plain colours like black and white "

" I know right? I think thats a topic to discuss with mom and dad " Sky replied. I caught a glimpse of a burgundy fly veil peeking out from the pile of things she had in her arms.