Chapter 13:

Jewel's POV:

I emerged from my room Friday morning, changed out of my riding clothes and into an outfit more appropriate for shopping downtown, light coloured Buttoned-Front Denim Shorts and a navy West Coast LA Graphic Tee. Once I got to the door I would slip on chestnut Classic Faux Leather Flats and tie my navy Boxy Fleece Hoodie around my waist, in case it got cold.

Once I closed my door, I walked downstairs and into the foyer and saw Blaire, Sky, Caitlyn and Marlo getting their shoes on.

Blaire looked comfy in black 68 Graphic Sweatpants with white trimming and a black New York Boxy Tee that had the same white trimming as her sweatpants. She was putting on a pair of black converse with white laces.

Sky looked like she didn't care about what she was wearing, but what she had thrown on was still perfectly matched for her style. Distressed Denim Cutoff Shorts paired with a navy Lace-Up Hoodie and burgundy Platform High-Tops.

Marlo looked tough, but chic in a grey Acne Studios sweatshirt with a black Anine Bing leather moto jacket over it, black ripped TopShop moto skinny jeans, black Aquazzura christy lace-up flats. A silver Dylanlex necklace and Saint Laurent aviator sunnies completed the look.

Caitlyn looked like she was about to walk on the catwalk in New York, rather than just the sidewalk in our downtown area. A red V-Neck Skater Dress paired with black Favorite Espadrille Wedge Sandals. A black Faux Leather Ribbon Floppy Hat pulled the outfit together.

" Where's Payton? " I asked, pulling on my shoes.

Sky shrugged.

" She's still getting ready " Caitlyn replied. " She's taking it as if we're going shopping in Hollywood, instead of just shopping here "

" First of all, Puh-lease, second of all, my parents always say to look your best wherever you go " Payton suddenly said, entering the room.

But Caitlyn was right. A black Contemporary Strapless V-Notched Jumpsuit paired with black Lace-Up Faux Suede Pumps made it seem like we were taking a jet to Hollywood instead of the Lockhart family's Black 2015 Cadillac Escalade about 20 minutes to downtown.

Caitlyn shrugged. " Whatever you say Kim Kardashian "

Payton rolled her eyes.

Yikes, tension already....not the best way to start part 2 of Sky and my home-made team building activities.

" Is dad driving us? " I asked Sky. I had to pull attention away from Caitlyn and Payton's little argument.

" No, he had some last minute crisis involving the caterer for the Summer Finale, so James is driving us " She replied.

I nodded. James was our driver when mom and dad couldn't take us places that didn't involve competitions. He was a college student and breakdancer, so he understood the stress of competitions and took us anywhere we needed to go if we were feeling stressed about competing the next day or whatever. His parents owned a dance studio, which also made him relatable on the ' parents get busy a lot ' scale.

Honking outside alerted us that James was pulling up the driveway and I opened the door, stepping out and shielding my eyes from the sun. I had considered bringing a hat, but we weren't going to be outside the whole time anyway, so I left it inside.

A loud whinny caught my attention and I turned, seeing Shadow looking over at me. He nickered, ears flicking forward. Part of our team building plan was to also have the horses build a bond, so-with permission from mom and dad, we moved Fang and Ella to the boarders paddock with Luca, Springer and Queen and moved Marco, Jazz, Flicka and Jackson to our family paddock so that they could spend time with Shadow and Onyx when we weren't riding.