Chapter 5:

Jewel's POV:

By the time the girls parents and coaches left, Sky and I had brought all the horses inside. We were now leading the girls up the stone steps to the front door.

Watching the girls struggle with their bags was kind of amusing, but also gave me a pang of guilt in my stomach. I wondered if Sky felt the same way, but by the way she smirked at me from the back of the group, I could tell that she could care less.

Once we reached the front door, I twisted the horseshoe shaped knob and pushed open the glass double doors with black trimming using both hands, letting them swing open. I swung my arm inside for dramatic effect, letting the girls marvel at the neatness and size of the front entrance alone. The ceilings in the house were tall, making even the tiniest whisper echo. All of our barn jackets and boots were neatly organized and on a rack and hook set just beside the door. Mom hated it when we trailed mud or sawdust inside so we had a motorized boot cleaner beside the right door.

" Welcome to Lockhart manner newbies " Sky told the girls as she pushed past the group and walked inside.

" Shoes go there, jackets go here, and don't drip or trail anything on the hardwood or the rug, it's vintage, imported from Milan " I explained to the girls, leaving them standing at the doorway. Sky and I took off our boots and jackets, putting them away. Normally I could care less about telling people where all our furniture came from, from it felt appropriate to do this time around.

The girls looked at each other before carefully stepping around the rug, even though their shoes were probably clean. Slowly they started taking off their things and hang them or putt them on the rack. Once they were done, Sky and I turned left and started walking down a glass staircase which led to the basement. The basement was basically just a rec room for Sky and I to relax after a show or hard day. It consisted of a separated home movie theatre, 2 bunk beds with mini t.v's built in and glass doors which led to the hot tub room, along with the essentials like a laundry room and a closet where the furnace, water heater and electrical stuff were stored.

" Hurry up ' Teammates ', we don't have all day " Sky called to the girls, saying the word Teammates with a sarcastic tone.

Actually, we did have all day. Our parents only told us to get the girls settled in then we were free to do whatever we wanted, we didn't have to stick around the girls after the home tour if we didn't want to and we really didn't want to. My only interest was seeing them in the arena.

The girls dropped their bags on the beds they had chosen. Blaire and Marlo had taken top bunks while Payton and Caitlyn had called bottom.

" Um, I have a question " Payton said as she turned to face us, taking out a compact mirror from the back pocket of her grey Heathered Knit Pants, which she had paired with a Faux Leather Peplum top and I noticed a gold Cutout Chevron Ring on her finger. All the clothes I remember seeing on Forever 21's website. She took a few seconds to fix her hair, seeming like she momentarily forgot we were all standing there. Once she closed the mirror she looked up at me. " Your grooms do know that Jazz can't go out in the paddock without her bell boots and fly sheet, since she is one of-if not the, most promising Dressage horse in Canada " she told us before looking back at the other three girls behind her. " And Germany "

I rolled my eyes but I actually expected this much, at least from her and Caitlyn. Blaire and Marlo I wasn't quite sure about.

" The barns that way if you wanna go tell them... " Sky replied as she pointed up the stairs.

Payton scoffed. " I'm sure my parents brought it up, because it wouldn't be good for your stables reputation if Jazz got sick or hurt, with a horse of her skill and pedigree, word travels fast... " she replied.