The Discovery. Part 1

We've been walking for about five days until we finally saw our destination. Heracles, a demon we met at out way, joined our travel as a living map. He claimed he knew every tree and mountain here in Greece, so I thought it would be a good idea for him to tag along.
"The place you're looking for isn't far from here." He said and pointed towards a high mountain about 20 km away from us.
"Ugh, finally." Mumbled Leon and let out a sigh.
"We should look out for a cave when we reach there." I said and looked back at Elizabeth, who for some reason looked pale and rather ill. "What's wrong." I asked and put my hand on her shoulder. She was ice cold.
"Ah, it's nothing." She whispered and continued walking. "I just have a slight headache."
"I swear, if you faint at this point I ain't picking you up." Said Leon and raised his eyebrow.
"Shut up." She only said and moved ahead of us.
Another day and we finally reached the mountain. It would have taken us sooner to go there but Elizabeta's pace became dangerously slow. She insisted that we should continue no matter what happened to her and so we did.
The cave wasn't easy to spot, it took us about half a day to find it. When we did though, a cold rush ran through each one of us.
"I know this feeling." Whispered Heracles and narrowed his eyes.
"Yeah...." I said under my breath.
"What is it?" Asked Leon and took a peek inside.
"Demon hunters." I said and took a deep breath. "We're here for sure."
"Lest go then." Elizabeta pushed us away and entered first. Her hands were visibly shaking but she didn't pay any attention to them. It was clear to me that she wanted us to be done quickly as possible.
As we entered deeper into the cave, all of us felt this strange feeling as if we were being watched, which was impossible. The path we took was long and quite visible thanks to the torches Heracles had with him, so if anyone was here, we would've spotted them immediately .
As we reached what we thought was the end of the tunnel, a narrow turn awaited us at the end. It led to a huge space in the middle of the cave, it almost looked handmade. As we were looked around, we suddenly heared someone coming closer so we hid as fast as possible. Elizabeta took her weapons out, a small lightning bolt appeared between Heracles hands and finally Leon and I took defensive poses. Our gifts were powerful but if we ever used them in the same space, god forbid what happens next. Last time the whole demon town had to be build from the ground. Spells never were our thing, so our last chance was martial arts.
"The demons doubled in numbers!" A distressed man shouted.
"Even more work for us." Another one said pleased.
"But this isn't what we were expecting. Before there was two demons at max at one region and now we're facing at least fifty!" Said the first man and his face finally became visible. I didn't recognise him or the other guy, but the moment the others started pouring in, more faces became familiar. More faces to take revenge on.
"Calm down." A man said, presumably their leader and the guy that I met a couple of years ago. "The demons may have gotten more, but from what I've experienced they've gotten weaker."
"Yeah, I realised that." Another one said puzzled.
They continued to talk about their current state of being, the number of people they had and how many demons they destroyed till now. It wasn't long until I felt like something was off. I couldn't put my finger on It, but there was definitely something wrong. Unfortunately I was too late to figure it out. The moment I looked back to check on something, a group of hunters knocked me out together with the others. We were taken by surprise.